• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

10 Bitcoin - 2012 1oz Silver Coin

So, i was going through some old photos and found these pics, i forget i have this for at year or two at a time. The picture is really awful so excuse that!

With only 418 minted this will surely be a historic piece in years to come :), currently sitting at approx. $60,000!

10 BTC silver round

• First available on Dec 1, 2011
  • 39mm diameter
  • 1 troy ounce .999 Fine Silver
  • Uses second series holograms marked TEN BTC
  • Comes in a clear plastic capsule
  • Zeroes and ones on the back encode the message "Bitcoin: an idea too big to fail"

IMG_20121121_175335.thumb.jpg.6a0cdc318bcafc69195851eded3e50d9.jpg

IMG_20121121_175435.thumb.jpg.c68c5f9bd68d77c1c9ca4320d9a945c5.jpg

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

I also have a physical bitcoin

The Adam Smith.. 2 bitcoin... 2oz silver (600 minted)

Nice coin to look at.

I purchased it for £500 a number of years ago because I kept getting my alt coins stolen. So I looked into a safe alternative. Back  then the only real safe way to store your coins was paper cold storage wallet or cold storage on a memory stick or offline device as I wasn't tech savvy these options didn't appeal so I researched physical coin storage believing thins was the way to go....... Guess what??

Some one at Alitin Mint stole the private keys to a number of the Adam Smith physical bitcoins, mine was one of them.

Now I use a ledger nano s ( we'll see how this goes)

Morale of story third party trust is very expensive.

Still a nice coin though. 

And quite valuable but not in the above league.(yet)

Some one on eBay a year ago was selling his 1 bitcoin casascious coin for 1200 ish I bid on it, he didn't know the real value of it was until someone informed him then he withdrew it. I was gutted.

Yes I'm fully aware of the risk of keeping it funded, but it went from 10k to 60k since the last time it thought about it!

These casascius coins did use to sell for crazy amounts of money, but the more bitcoin gains in value the less premium they will attract. I mean who has 60k to buy this off me now?

It really will be a historic coin being the first physical bitcoin (manufacturer) so I have no interest in selling or profiting from it, I think it cost me like 70bitcoin when I bought it! So the chance of profiting is 0 anyway ;)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

4 hours ago, sg86 said:

It really will be a historic coin being the first physical bitcoin (manufacturer) so I have no interest in selling or profiting from it, I think it cost me like 70bitcoin when I bought it! So the chance of profiting is 0 anyway ;)

Yes a good purchase you have there.

I too believe there will be a collector's market for these physical coins

Archived