• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Don't think I could ever tire of Rocking Horse Crowns.  Also been into town today to the optician for new spectacles to allow a good look at these 1/40 Britannia Proofs!  Thank you @arshimo2012 for another lightening fast delivery.  

IMG_4091.thumb.JPG.3c19956459173e534c6a9b8212acaa44.JPG

5aa85aea1e65e_FullSizeRender7.thumb.jpg.b6585ce39e420810ee4b7eb50b7a6bc8.jpg

EBay pickups in the last several days.  A Silver and two Bronze Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medals.  The Silver Medal is very impressive in hand, 85.7 gram .925 Silver, 55.7mm Diameter.  Pity the proud former owner apparently couldn't resist regularly polishing it instead of leaving it to tone similarly to its Bronze counterparts.  There's a Gold version of this medal.....

IMG_4097.thumb.JPG.6ce1f078ce8e2623ad25f5d721ed2ebd.JPG

IMG_4099.thumb.JPG.a2630d787cf165111eac342268e8f5d5.JPG

IMG_4098.thumb.JPG.89254c4b65f3cae9bdcb43d7f56ce688.JPG

IMG_4105.thumb.JPG.a4276aa633b961935dc5b22af50d4e66.JPG

42 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

They also come in  smaller size I believe. 

Don't encourage me! The last thing I need is a tonne of Bronze lurking around! But seriously, they are pretty things, nothing not to like about them even in Bronze.  

I do like Bronze medals, particularly France Marrianne portrait, and some of the medals are fantastic looking due to the corrosion, hue and toning they have attracted over the years. I ended up the underbidder of the medal pictured below, thank goodness! Having got carried away On eBay the other day, but a fab looking medal, and regretting not bidding 'just one more time'.  To console me, I'm telling myself that it probably looks better in photo, as the seller clearly has good photography skills and got the lighting just right.

IMG_4106.PNG.9f5749b34dba100573593494d55feadb.PNG

I already have a couple of the smaller sized Victoria silver medals in this design, but they are not in the best of condition and in the stack. 

Although the smaller medal might well have come in a presentation box, I have not seen any with one, they are usually loose or come with a little envelope, and a large, large premium for that bit of paper.   

The Gold version would be a great indulgence I think, as the premium to be paid is quite weighty of the auction prices I have been monitoring. 

35 minutes ago, Sovsaver said:

Another from eBay, bought and delivered by a local, had a nice chat and coffee. Cost £125 and the coffee.

I knew about the damage, but was happy to live with it.

3554C68D-CB20-4C00-B5E2-2070C7294B53.jpeg

D2E98D4F-CC69-423A-8D04-030362ECAC94.jpeg

Where's the damage? Is it the little nicks around the edge (is that the correct term?).

5 minutes ago, LittleJohnSilver said:

Where's the damage? Is it the little nicks around the edge (is that the correct term?).

It’s on the obverse, behind Queen’s head, looks like a letter I (or Z maybe). Next the “gratia”.

Also, some under her chin and possibly cleaned, but apart from all that...we’re good?

Edited by Sovsaver

Just now, Sovsaver said:

It’s on the obverse, behind Queen’s head, looks like a letter I (or Z maybe). Next the “gratia”.

Seen.

Never noticed at first. Just goes to show how an untrained eye can miss something so obvious.