• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

We need a "Today I didn't receive" thread.

Was supposed to be getting my monster box delivered tomorrow by Fedex but after checking the tracking I now have:

"Shipment exception - Delay beyond our control" on Wednesday and Thursday.

Scheduled delivery date now just says "Pending" and "No scheduled delivery date available at this time"

bad :(

We need a "Today I didn't receive" thread.
Was supposed to be getting my monster box delivered tomorrow by Fedex but after checking the tracking I now have:
"Shipment exception - Delay beyond our control" on Wednesday and Thursday.
Scheduled delivery date now just says "Pending" and "No scheduled delivery date available at this time"
bad [emoji20]

I had that a couple of times when I used to import coral from USA, never got any parcels. Im sure yours will be ok though.

4 hours ago, KevinG said:

300 gram poured silver Kit kat by Backyard Bullion. I love how chunky it is

20180208_190601.jpg

20180208_190629.jpg

20180208_190702.jpg

20180208_190718.jpg

This was an awesome piece to make, I was very happy when it came out at 302 grams first try! I was dreading it being 299!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

1 hour ago, sg86 said:

Sorting shields, currently on 1844 and found first overdate, 4 over inverted 4 as listed in Marsh (R2).

Not the best grade unfortunately but have a few more to check so hopefully will turn up a better one! This coin realised £2640 in VF condition in the Bentley collection in 2013

So the scattergun approach seems to work!:)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

So the scattergun approach seems to work!:)

I think even if you buy "filtered" coins that there will always be human error in things being missed, let's hope it continues! 

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

50 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

Another godless florin... Won't go into the ridiculous lengths I had to go to to retrieve from the post office :angry:

IMG_20180209_133450996.thumb.jpg.03c5f5e4bfefd6241deec3c53e44ead5.jpg

IMG_20180209_133513709.thumb.jpg.818fe98b2de55cd1c2679c9d4eaaa114.jpg

I have an 1853 and the date is in Roman #. Why is this a regular date?

4 minutes ago, JohnAnsink said:

I have an 1853 and the date is in Roman #. Why is this a regular date?

The florin was only introduced properly in 1849 (1848 ones are very rare). However after some criticism they changed the design; most notably including dei gratiam (or an abbreviation thereof) and changing to using Roman numerals. The absent dei gra on the 1848/9 florins led to them being colloquially referred to as "Godless florins" :)

As showcased by  @BackyardBullion the other week I ordered and received these two 2 oz rounds produced by  @Fossilmetals .

Really different and unusual. I'm guessing there is another 1 in the series to come.

All come boxed with COA and nice little bag.

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

Edited by Mark43
bad english

43 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

The florin was only introduced properly in 1849 (1848 ones are very rare). However after some criticism they changed the design; most notably including dei gratiam (or an abbreviation thereof) and changing to using Roman numerals. The absent dei gra on the 1848/9 florins led to them being colloquially referred to as "Godless florins" :)

Here is mine. It has original surface. Too bad for the wear on cheek or I would get it graded.

Edit...I uploaded a better image of the face. Also the date. It's hard to see the Liii

IMG_20180209_1012506_rewind.jpg

IMG_20180209_1017446_rewind.jpg

IMG_20180209_1022036_rewind.jpg

Edited by JohnAnsink

1 hour ago, Mark43 said:

As showcased by  @BackyardBullion the other week I ordered and received these two 2 oz rounds produced by  @Fossilmetals .

Really different and unusual. I'm guessing there is another 1 in the series to come.

All come boxed with COA and nice little bag.

IMG_3546.JPG

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

They are awesome pieces, great pickups!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion