• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Not known as far as I'm aware other than NGC have slabbed a small number. I remember seeing one at Baldwins but they were probably just selling the slab.

Yours is typical. They are often 2 - 4 letters and usually shifted by the same degree in the same direction. I always thought they were produced during striking and find it difficult to believe the engraver could over-stamp all the letters exactly to the same degree. Why would they do it?

I therefore remain to be convinced the RIA/RIA is a genuine variety, maybe I'm wrong.

Perhaps Steve Hill could be contacted for an opinion?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Not known as far as I'm aware other than NGC have slabbed a small number. I remember seeing one at Baldwins but they were probably just selling the slab.

Yours is typical. They are often 2 - 4 letters and usually shifted by the same degree in the same direction. I always thought they were produced during striking and find it difficult to believe the engraver could over-stamp all the letters exactly to the same degree. Why would they do it?

I therefore remain to be convinced the RIA/RIA is a genuine variety, maybe I'm wrong.

All the letters on that side of the coin including the date are like that

I thought it was a common thing.

There was one in The Bentley Collection and I have one.

Both have a double stamped but rotated RIA and don't look like the picture posted in my opinion. If I'm right, NGC have it wrong I'm afraid.1861 Sovereign CGS 55 RIA.jpg

3 hours ago, SovTracker said:

There was one in The Bentley Collection and I have one.

Both have a double stamped but rotated RIA and don't look like the picture posted in my opinion. If I'm right, NGC have it wrong I'm afraid.

Yours is definitely different and I can see that it couldn't have been produced during striking. I haven't seen such a clear photo of this variety and I'm sure you're right.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

I saw those fleetingly yesterday and then they were gone. I wondered if somebody here had picked them up, I should have placed a bet on it being you! :D

They look very nice, I would probably stick them in capsules to match the rest and keep the packaging safe in a ziplock bag. 

Nice selection of gold, I think think the Buffalo is my 3rd fav coin after the 20 peso & 50 peso.
These were all low premium buys, who ever had the lowest price and in some cases it was only $9 over spot the Buffalos... Thanks you have a nice selection yourself! ;)
2018 goals for me is liquidate the majority of my Silver for gold. It's funny how year to year your tastes and stacking strategy change.

3 minutes ago, mongo28 said:

These were all low premium buys, who ever had the lowest price and in some cases it was only $9 over spot the Buffalos... Thanks you have a nice selection yourself! ;)
2018 goals for me is liquidate the majority of my Silver for gold. It's funny how year to year your tastes and stacking strategy change.

Yes I did that myself glad I did much prefer gold (sovereign.s ) 

Haha nice! Now don't get me wrong, buying the right silver coin like the Swan or Queens Beasts early can make a huge profit as it did for me, but I will turn those profits into gold instead of buying more silver. (I'm talking graded btw, Ms70 or PF70)
Haha nice! Now don't get me wrong, buying the right silver coin like the Swan or Queens Beasts early can make a huge profit as it did for me, but I will turn those profits into gold instead of buying more silver. (I'm talking graded btw, Ms70 or PF70)

Good plan yes both them silver coins are so nice. Do love the qb gold coins got the set of 1/4 gold graded just sent off 3 sovereign.s at the coin fair yesterday my favourite sovereign I got is the 2017 plain edge only 1817 mint did get a pf 70 lovely coin