• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

6 hours ago, Goldmick said:

This thing is byb said the seller didn't bear the cost so seem.s the sellers were being greedy to me is that right 

Ebay took the hit on price, so if sellers bumped up prices during that deal then yes, it was them being a bit greedy imo (if they were prepared to sell cheaper with the fees before the discount, then to take advantage of the offer (as sellers not buyers during it was 'opportunistic') - though I don't blame them as long as the buyers were happy too).

5 hours ago, MickB said:

@Goldmick Funny thing is that this morning I looked at these on Ukgoldbullion.com website and ended up emailing MMTC Pamp in India to ask about the mintage for each year of these.

I could only find one quote of the 2013 being at 80,000 and the 2014 full sovereign at 150,000 but this was not from their website. There was a five year licence granted by the Royal Mint for Pamp to make these.

UKbullion (horrible company in my experience who I will never deal with again, or their 'sister' company which is more expensive but has the same staff!) said long ago they couldn't get the mintages for the 2017s. I don't trust those mintages for previous years. I haven't seen a numbered card in the UK above 2000 for 2017, even when it took UKBullion a long time to supposedly get stock back in (and try to unfairly maximise the price because of the interest here imvho - check the thread at the time).

Now UKBullion are selling numbered coins less than ten away from the first ones I bought from them, after 'trying so hard' to get more stock, only to increase the price ridiculously because they knew they were 'hot' on here (and ebay for a little while). I don't buy any of it.

It's a lovely minted coin and a really nice pick up, and I'm glad I have four at a reasonable average price for gold content and 'the shinies', but I'd be very surprised to turn much of a profit on these. 2017 was awash with special Sovs - this wasn't one of them imvho.

Another new addition to the 1/4 oz gold World Collection - Picked up for $100 Less than the list price for a raw coin from the royal mint. I have to say that although many dislike this coin, it actually grows on you the more you look at it. (And No - Not like a wart [emoji14])
  5a502991dc3c3_Proof70.thumb.jpg.a761b6d15cf580c5aea45c48bcd5d4ae.jpg
5a5029b9d28c8_Proof70-2.thumb.jpg.54008a6fe2e7961c9c06ef4fa3d972e8.jpg
It's actually an aesthetically pleasing coin, draws you in...

5 hours ago, Pampfan said:

Another new addition to the 1/4 oz gold World Collection - Picked up for $100 Less than the list price for a raw coin from the royal mint. I have to say that although many dislike this coin, it actually grows on you the more you look at it. (And No - Not like a wart :P)

Very good price for it raw, but with it graded 70 very nice. 

Big risk to list these newer coins at auction instead of BIN 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Micky9776 said:

Just received my HGM order, a 1906 and 1907 Edward sovereigns both London mint. Over the moon with them! Only 1902-1905 and a 1909 to complete the date run

F4BF0037-A9AA-4DA7-B765-7B05D722CF85.jpeg

332A557F-F9B7-4ECA-AA8A-F601EEDEB442.jpeg

8ACA3926-435A-4A22-88E1-77661BE5E81A.jpeg

955B4E8D-EA56-43EA-83C3-D41FB5A7A27B.jpeg

E66B93AA-DF86-4DCE-9AAA-D1B7EF82B3AD.jpeg

@Micky9776 https://www.bellmans.co.uk/Lot/?sale=JAN2018&lot=2257&id=127905.  Link to an auction for a 1909 

edit- sorry just noticed they are for half sovereigns

double edit- here however! https://www.taylors-auctions.com/auction/lot/4372

Edited by Elements