• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

SG86, so many young heads and look to be in decent condition as well!  Not that I'd pile them like that in case of damage.   Haven't been plundering the mint or the BoE? :0

CornishFarmer, Is that the indian head that they had on Thursday?  I didn't see mention of a liberty head then.

Edited by Murph
added

13 hours ago, Murph said:

SG86, so many young heads and look to be in decent condition as well!  Not that I'd pile them like that in case of damage.   Haven't been plundering the mint or the BoE? :o

Yes they are, and don't worry I don't just drop them from a height into this pile, it's carefully orchestrated! :D

The supply is in very original condition, not like buying from retail dealers, eBay etc. I suspect they are in fact untouched for many decades in vaults/safes. George V coins are always in pretty good condition because lots went into storage during the war, some of the batches I acquired recently literally looks like they had never left that storage since. Sure beats a lot of the shite that comes out of HGM anyway !

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Received some coins back from NGC after 2 months.  NGC messed up and then USPS messed up but luckily the USPS issue ended up in my favour in this instance.

NGC graded some coins and then sent them back.  As soon as I was able to, I checked the grades and images only to find they'd not applied the GB label as paid for.  No biggie! I would have just got credited back for it and just left them on the brown label.  Someone made a mistake which is understandable since no one is perfect.  NGC will change labels at their expense but I wouldn't have bothered with the hassle.  Looking at the other coins I noticed mistake 2 and 3.  They'd put the wrong labels on 2 coins!  This time there is no excuse

Grading/Quality Control - Coins are graded,encapsulated, and re-examined by a grader to make certain that their labels are correct for both the grade and its accompanying descriptive information. He also inspects each coin for any flaws on its holder, such as scuffs or nicks.

Overlooking one coin is a possibility.  Miss a second and someone isn't actually doing their job.

Now I have no choice but to send the coins back.  The problem is the coins are finalised and shipped the same day so it's too late to contact them if errors are noticed.  I track the coins through a phone app with push notifications and it reaches Jamaica NY depot but instead of being forwarded and departing Newark for the UK it travels back to Tampa FL a couple of days later.  I'm thinking it's been mis-sorted and will turn back around but nope, it ends up going back to Sarasota FL.  What was nerve racking was the impending storm that was about to hit Florida.  NGC had already closed it's office a could of days before so now my package would be sitting at the Post Office over the weekend and for a few days afterwards.  I sent them an email explaining that some coins needed label corrections and the package had been returned to them without leaving the US.  Just hoped that Irma wouldn't cause any damage to Post Office etc.  Ending up being fine and NGC picked up the parcel and the coins went back into their system for label corrections.  Since I was going to have to return the coins anyway, the parcel being returned back to NGC worked in my favour.  I expected the label corrections to be expedited but it wasn't the case and still took a couple of weeks before they were shipped back to me.  Again I follow the package (I track all packages) and this time it goes smoothly and lands with me this morning 10 days after shipping from NGC.

The original labels:

Screenshot 2017-08-31 20.19.04.png

Screenshot 2017-08-31 20.18.32.png

2 hours ago, morezone said:

Someone made a mistake which is understandable since no one is perfect.  NGC will change labels at their expense but I wouldn't have bothered with the hassle.  Looking at the other coins I noticed mistake 2 and 3.  They'd put the wrong labels on 2 coins!  This time there is no excuse

As you say, admin errors happen, but the wrong label completely when they're very different coins seems a glaring error :huh: not sure how that wouldn't be caught 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@JohnAnsink I've merged your new thread here.  If you are just show casing your pickups, please use either "today I bought", "today I received" or the YouTube video section.

8 minutes ago, augur said:

Agreed, but I thought Fivepoundfred was the only one...

I think he is the master of everything five pound, personally i'm only going for 1839, 1887, 1893, 1902, 1911, 1937, 1989, 2002, 2005, 2012, 2017 in both BU and Proof (if they exist). I have next to no hope of getting a few of these but who knows!

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com