• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

44 minutes ago, Bosse68 said:

20 silverpandas from Liberty Silver

Surprised how well packed they where

My first order from them, but not the last

How long did it take for delivery from them Bosse?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

5 hours ago, mikehosilver said:

Very nice Yeti. Are both of those Nobles, just opposite sides? Do they make them in silver also?

Yes both nobles. I'm not sure if they make them in silver. My knowledge of the platinum coins extends to "spot is what on platinum???? I need some coins now!" Lol. I think I just got lucky, the nobles seem quite rare. 

8 hours ago, mikehosilver said:

Very nice Yeti. Are both of those Nobles, just opposite sides? Do they make them in silver also?

I think they may only have minted them in one year.  Quite rare and it seems most ended up in the USA.  At least I think so since nearly all the eBay listings I've seen have been from there.

Platinum 1 oz Noble produced 1983-1989, mintage 3000 except 1983=1700 and 1984=2000

Gold 1 oz Noble produced 1994 at 3000, 15th Anniversary 2009 another 3000, think they may have produced more in 2015?, not sure why.

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

6 minutes ago, BaldyBob said:

Platinum 1 oz Noble produced 1983-1989, mintage 3000 except 1983=1700 and 1984=2000

Gold 1 oz Noble produced 1994 at 3000, 15th Anniversary 2009 another 3000, think they may have produced more in 2015?, not sure why.

Great informative post, thank you.

Few bits for the 1/10th collection.  Looks like I might be starting a Lunar 1 in 1/10th collection.

The 2013 Brit baffles me.  The proofs are the seated Britannia.  In bullion form, the 1oz is the standard design with a larger footprint.  The 1/10 is the seated Britannia.  I've not looked it up but I wonder what the 1/4 and 1/2 are.

2015-11-27 12.26.00.jpg

3 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

That 1/10th is a proof isn't it?  I think all the proofs are seated and the BU bullion are the standard standing.

This one is definitely a bullion finish.  That's what confuses me.  I would have though that all the bullion would have been the standard design.

Past couple of days I received the following silver 1oz coins:

Tube 2016 Britannias (not loving the textured background/field).
Ten 2016 Kanagroos.
Tube 2015 Armenian Norah's Arks.
Tube 2015 Canadian Bird of Prey, Great Horned Owls

Last Friday (I think) I also received a Tube of 2015 American Eagles.  Don't know if I mentioned that before.

The only thing still awaiting delivery, a Tube of 2015 Austrian Philharmonics.

10 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

Past couple of days I received the following silver 1oz coins:

Tube 2016 Britannias (not loving the textured background/field).
Ten 2016 Kanagroos.
Tube 2015 Armenian Norah's Arks.
Tube 2015 Canadian Bird of Prey, Great Horned Owls

Last Friday (I think) I also received a Tube of 2015 American Eagles.  Don't know if I mentioned that before.

The only thing still awaiting delivery, a Tube of 2015 Austrian Philharmonics.

Nice haul there SilverSniper! So which us your favourite 1 ounce design? I don't have any 2016 designs yet - was tempted by that new Britannia design , but I guess I will get at least the Kookaburras - given their high quality. Do you have any silver Libertads?! Eagles also a classic. 

Earlier this week - received a 1913 sovereign (which the eBayer claimed was a 1918 until I told him it was not ....but hey / it's bullion). 

Then today my Iceland gold 1100 year commemorative for the 874 -1974 founding of Iceland. Lovely coin, original box - only the second gold coin ever from Iceland. Interestingly - the coin (0.4458 g gold at 0.900) was minted at the UK Royal Mint.  

Only one more gold coin ever issued by Iceland..,. Need to track that one down now!  

PS - I am not Icelandic .,,, but I did visit in February and loved the place and the people! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Lindeman