• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

my mixed date sovereign 1912 as far as i can make out   god the date is small  hard to read even with mi glasses on

whats going on with posting reply  it says that its saving reply , then nothing happens then takes you to the save button again 

can you please deleate these extra replys 

although i can see a scratch about a 5-10 mm long on it 

Edited by craig12

Finally home - just got the Iceland 1961 500 Kronur gold coin. Not quite perfect - but very happy to have a different piece of gold in the collection. About some size as a sovereign. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Lindeman
The 500 kronur comes in a presentation case from the Royal Mint - but probably going to put it in a 22 capsule, to compare to the sovereigns.

Today my French 2016 silver proof year of the monkey arrived. This series is now in it's ninth year but this is the second year with a 5000 mintage as the others had a run of 10,000.

Also, the earlier ones were BU, then they changed them for proof.

I'm thinking of collecting this set even though they are made of '900 silver.

Bought my first old US gold from the local coin shop. Seeing the great condition and a fair price it was an easy decision. I know nothing about coin grading but the shop keeper was certain it is not cleaned and thinks it would grade MS65-66. Also what I noticed when looking the coin in detail is that the top part of the nose looks 'broken' or 'missing'. If I have done my research right, this is actually a known variety 4-F. Hopefully there will be a chance to get it graded one day.

2015-10-19_18.04.48.thumb.jpg.064d1a33a3

2015-10-19_18.04.27.thumb.jpg.85a251faa1

The shiny silver proof Libertad addiction is kicking in again....cured today with a 2oz 2009 in great condition. Not bad price -£46.10 delivered. At 6,200 mintage not the rarest proof Libertad, hence the reasonable price. Still - bought for its looks, not its value to be honest. Still not decided if I like the old design more than the new...

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bought my first old US gold from the local coin shop. Seeing the great condition and a fair price it was an easy decision. I know nothing about coin grading but the shop keeper was certain it is not cleaned and thinks it would grade MS65-66. Also what I noticed when looking the coin in detail is that the top part of the nose looks 'broken' or 'missing'. If I have done my research right, this is actually a known variety 4-F. Hopefully there will be a chance to get it graded one day.

2015-10-19_18.04.48.thumb.jpg.064d1a33a363926aeb5bb647df66df2d.jpg

2015-10-19_18.04.27.thumb.jpg.85a251faa14ad145a29507a15a696cde.jpg

I don't think it would grade that high. I have sent 6 for grading so fat and it looks to be max 61 and maybe Au55 the small lines might even get details grading which is what happened to me.

2015-10-19_18.04.48.thumb.jpg.064d1a33a363926aeb5bb647df66df2d.jpg

2015-10-19_18.04.27.thumb.jpg.85a251faa14ad145a29507a15a696cde.jpg

I don't think it would grade that high. I have sent 6 for grading so fat and it looks to be max 61 and maybe Au55 the small lines might even get details grading which is what happened to me.