• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

On 02/12/2017 at 13:00, JunkBond said:

The field is a bit worn but the springbok shines. Light, camera angle and all that. I hope HGM don't sell duds!

They do, I've had a few fakes.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

All those treasure sales were not in vain. I am now the proud owner of a 1937 Proof Set

IMG_8504.JPG

IMG_8506.JPG

IMG_8505.JPG

The 2 Sovereign is up for grabs if anyone is interested as I have some duplicates.

3 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

highly unlikely they'll sell fake "gold".

I agree, but best to clarify because when someone says they're selling "fakes" it could easily be misunderstood by someone reading to think it's not genuine gold, rather than genuine gold but a fake coin. 

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

[mention=378]Numistacker[/mention]
Now then young numistacker.....did you get permission from mum first :lol: 
Very well done. A real milestone in any collector’s life.  That set wont be going anywhere for a while I am assuming.
What was the damage to the skyrocket ?

Sufficient damage to stop me buying lots of frivolous things. The only coin I needed was the 5 Sov as I didn’t have one of those. The 1937 Set is lovely and I think it will continue to rise each year a bit as it has been doing last 10 years.

It will never stop being a classic, that is for sure. The price may change (probably upwards) but its value never will and that is the most important thing. Many many congratulations.

Edited by Oldun

11 hours ago, sovereignsteve said:

highly unlikely they'll sell fake "gold".

I do hope you are right @sovereignsteve, I bought from HGM obviously because of their price but also because I had read on the forum that they were reliable.

When gold is back up I will be selling the coin back to them.

1 hour ago, Ansel said:

Unfortunately it seems to have had quite a severe cleaning at some point. :( Is the pitting on the surface normal

Isn't pitting a sign of a replica coin

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation