• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Smoking or Sovereigns

gavstick

As a long time smoker I decided to stop. I put the £7 cigarette money I would have spent each day into a jar. At the end of the month I would have around £200 in cash. Adding a little to this I would buy a sovereign each month. I now have a small collection of 16 sovereigns and it seems like I have just changed addictions. 

Great story gavstick. At least sovereigns are only gonna kill your bank balance ?.  Gold is addictive though.  But at least you’ve got something positive at the end of it.   

My dad smoked all his life. i remember when i was quite young we were sat in the front of a van and he worked out how much he had spent on cigarettes. In those days sovereigns would have been less expensive. Smoking killed him in the end. It cuts me up to think how many sovereigns he would have had and i would probably still have had him. Keep going you have made one of the best decisions of your life.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Very well done, a fantastic life choice. 

I gave up around 8 years ago and it has improved my life immeasurably. I used to reward my self with Star Wars Lego sets every few months which I am now slowly selling off and spending the proceeds on PMs, mainly sovereigns. 

I had tried for years to stop by using patches and then E cigs. The only way that worked for me was this. I was smoking 20 cigarettes a day. Then one day I smoked 19 and put the spare one away in an old packet. The next day I smoked 18 and put 2 away in the old packet. And so on. All got a bit complicated in the end with all my spares but ended up around 2 a day until I just smoked one and then it was easy to have none. Should have done it years ago really but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

2 hours ago, gavstick said:

I had tried for years to stop by using patches and then E cigs. The only way that worked for me was this. I was smoking 20 cigarettes a day. Then one day I smoked 19 and put the spare one away in an old packet. The next day I smoked 18 and put 2 away in the old packet. And so on. All got a bit complicated in the end with all my spares but ended up around 2 a day until I just smoked one and then it was easy to have none. Should have done it years ago really but hindsig ht is a wonderful thing.

Excellent. I smoked since I was 16 and only gave up 4 years ago ( 56 y.o now ) but now I can see what else I can buy with that money I wish I had done it sooner. Cars then became  my vice for a while  but now my new vice is silver and gold. Yay.

Archived