• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Posting gold bullion from UK to Australia

Doomgold

Hi, I'd like to post some 1oz gold bullion coins from my friend in UK (who are holding onto them for me) to myself in Australia. Interested to hear of experiences of others doing this and what service they used and what they had to declare as when it enters Australian customs and if there are any duty taxes I should be aware of? (not sure if this is in the right spot for the post)

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Doomgold said:

Hi, I'd like to post some 1oz gold bullion coins from my friend in UK (who are holding onto them for me) to myself in Australia. Interested to hear of experiences of others doing this and what service they used and what they had to declare as when it enters Australian customs and if there are any duty taxes I should be aware of? (not sure if this is in the right spot for the post)

Thanks in advance

I highly recommend you read this: https://www.border.gov.au/Factsheets/Documents/importingpreciousmetalcoinsandbullions.pdf

And if you're still in doubt, probably better to call the department and get it clarified before you make any purchases. Also, I think there's a fee for releasing your item from customs (if it is held). You should clarify that too. Hope this helps.

Archived