• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

War?

12 minutes ago, Ares said:

If the US hadn't gone in, in a parallel world, we'd have seen the country collapse entirely.

Effectively it's a very complex issue, but ultimately I can understand the West's desire to ease in a new economic system gently rather than destroying it and building up from nothing.

I am coming in from a different angle, similar to sixgun: the CIA finances part of its operations by drug trafficking. People starve all over the world; that doesn't trigger a regime change.

It is brushed on in this well researched alternate narrative documentary, if you are open to discussion and have 3 hours to spare. 

50 minutes ago, augur said:

I am coming in from a different angle, similar to sixgun: the CIA finances part of its operations by drug trafficking. People starve all over the world; that doesn't trigger a regime change.

It is brushed on in this well researched alternate narrative documentary, if you are open to discussion and have 3 hours to spare. 

Always open to new material :)

As for the regime change comment, i'm not connecting the dots? I'm not commenting about the legitimacy or not of going in, which is why I wanted to create a parallel universe where that didn't happen, merely that the Talbian successfully canning opium production doesn't mean that it should be just as achievable by a foreign force with a different level of political acceptability

1 hour ago, augur said:

The Taliban (including the elusive omnipotent ex-CIA operative Bin Laden) stopped opium production completely under their reign, yet few tried to drive that bunch of foreigners (including Al-Quaeda aka "The [Operatives] List") out of Afghanistan...

This isn't true though, production of opium fell in one single year, 2001 when being invaded and the farmers all packed up and fled their fields.  There's a certain truth that its increased to above pre-2000 level, though there's an argument thats because of more information on the ground (didn't exactly have Afghan state Office of Statistics measuring it before).  The long term trend was increasing production since the 1980's, continuing under the Taliban who were the authority from 1996 onward.

11 minutes ago, Ares said:

Always open to new material :)

As for the regime change comment, I'm not connecting the dots?

The apparent modus operandi of the American Military-Industrial Complex appears to be to force a regime change (replacement of the government against a more benevolent one) whenever the current one does not meet the strategical or economic requirements. Afghanistan, Irak, Ukrainia and Libya (and the so far the unsuccessful attempts in Syria) are examples what happens if more friendly measures (e.g. economic hitman or bribery) failed to succeed. 

This is obviously neither official US government policy nor sanctioned by the American People – I don't want to offend anyone. Other nations have been and are attempting to do the same but since the US is (at the moment) the largest and only empire, it is playing its cards while it can. 

Archived