• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2018 Kookaburra and RAM Silver Kangaroo

Pete

6 hours ago, kimchi said:

It'd be interesting to know the 'split' between cards and capsules. If it was 50/50 and you bought two rolls of caps (50?) you'd have a reasonable share of the market :o

Tempted to add a few more to the pre-order as EMK prices haven't gone up yet, but that said (and I am completely new to these) the huge mintage drop from the peak, and the keener carded market make me less inclined to the caps...and the premium on these...:wacko:

Lol what have I started @kimchi

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 23:31, Oystonout said:

Nice video thanks

I am looking at buying a BU Roo capsules only collection that's incomplete but includes both 2007&2008. If not carded how do I know which 2007 version the coin is? Does it really matter. 

Also are the capsules in the carded version the same capsules as non carded. All mine (caps only) have that prominent wide rim apart from some of my proofs which look slimmer ( if that makes sense)

Thank you 

If you are buying capsuled coins only, the 2007 Bu is identical to the carded version, also the capsule is the same. The carded versions all have the same capsule as non carded. The coin on the card is in a screw type capsule which screws to the card, so if you are struggling to find an uncarded coin to finish your collection buy carded version & just unscrew it from card, job done.

Re proofs 1998-2003 all have flanged rim screw type capsules 2004 onwards have slimmed down push fit capsules.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

4 hours ago, motorbikez said:

If you are buying capsuled coins only, the 2007 Bu is identical to the carded version, also the capsule is the same. The carded versions all have the same capsule as non carded. The coin on the card is in a screw type capsule which screws to the card, so if you are struggling to find an uncarded coin to finish your collection buy carded version & just unscrew it from card, job done.

Re proofs 1998-2003 all have flanged rim screw type capsules 2004 onwards have slimmed down push fit capsules.

Great info much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Roos today, very disappointed with this 2018 offering, it's far, far too 'busy' for me. I don't know what the Mint were thinking with this one. I don't have a Proof but looking at the pics online the mirrored field is the only thing that possibly saves the design for me (and is essential imo).

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that, anyone feel differently and that it's a good design? Perhaps for such a detailed design the quality of the strike also needs to be top notch, so it also has that going in its favour (?).

The mintage is also 'odd', but at least that seems to go in the coin's favour.

4 hours ago, kimchi said:

Got my Roos today, very disappointed with this 2018 offering, it's far, far too 'busy' for me. I don't know what the Mint were thinking with this one. I don't have a Proof but looking at the pics online the mirrored field is the only thing that possibly saves the design for me (and is essential imo).

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that, anyone feel differently and that it's a good design? Perhaps for such a detailed design the quality of the strike also needs to be top notch, so it also has that going in its favour (?).

The mintage is also 'odd', but at least that seems to go in the coin's favour.

TBH I've been disappointed in the last few years offerings. I think the series is tired and has reached it's natural conclusion, they seem to be just going through the motions. Personally think the alternative designs are the best and they should do more of them but I guess that's more difficult and runs the risk of the odd duff design.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived