• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Fractional Gold Bars

aztecstargazer

To be honest. I am still new to the PM game. I highly favor silver to gold or platinum. But as gold prices begin to drop, I am looking to pick up gold. But I am on a budget. And I only like to spend about $200 to $300 on PM's a month. I have been looking at some of the more popular online dealers, and they offer 1, 2, 2.5 gram gold bars. Which are in my price range. But I don't know if they are worth the investment at such a relatively small quantity. 

Does anyone have an opinion on these gram denominated bars? Or should I be looking at the fractional coins?

please and thank you.

I am guessing you are a stacker more than a collector? If this is the case you want to get as much metal for your $ as possible. With small bars the premium is usually quite high. If you can get close to spot price with a small or no postage cost then why not. A lot of folks are wary of buying  bars on the private market due to a high number of fakes from China going around. You may have to factor in reselling to a dealer (again possibly onstage costs) Likewise if your new to the game I would steer away from buying from private sellers and go to a reputable dealer to ensure your get the real deal. Happy stacking. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Archived