• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Silver Britannia Proof

Callum

Whats everyone's thoughts on the 2017 Britannia design? Most of you have probably already talked about it but I'm new to this so will have missed a lot!

I got one last week and think it looks good, but then I've never had such a shiny coin before :lol: got it in the box as well so probably spent a bit much.

I've only got a couple of coins all from the royal mint and think they're nice, what's your opinions on other mints and the quality of them?

At first I thought it was shockingly bad.  However after getting one in my had it moved up to acceptable.  Lets face it its not a great design but it does stand out as something different I guess.  Im a britannia fan so Im more easily pleased than most. :)

I actually love this design. I am looking to make this my first proof coin purchase. I look at buying coins, like buying art. Because it is art. The incorporation of the British isles geography as a base for the body is quite interesting to me. Then running the flag in the background. The minimalist aspect of this coin can be appreciated too. Sometimes restraint by the engraver can be a good change of pace. As highly detailed the 2016 proof is, it just doesn't "speak to me" as much as this coin. 

Archived