• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Frenchie

Rwanda Lunar Dog silver proof or gold ?

5 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

The Rooster didn't take off for quite a few weeks when it was released. I think shadowstack has a video up just now on it 

Maybe so - But it had eye appeal - Do you think this does.

It will probably go well but it sure is fugly

I don't like the look of the Dog. There seems to be mixed views on this so I suspect this will do well due only to the low mintage and hype. That's probably enough to maintain it's price going forward. 

As someone new to the hobby I;d appreciate hearing from anyone on what the Rwanda Mints reputation had been prior to the hype around the Rooster. Where they popular and how is their quality ?

Edited by jacksj1

Always been popular coins - Early BU issues had a mintage of 5000 but have increased from the cheetah or maybe impala not sure.

I have commented before about the proofs as I have had issues with milking but maybe unlucky as there are plenty around with no issues and @shortstack68 has mentioned that the lunars are minted by a different company and so far have no issues.

The BU rooster has an unlimited mintage and are sold at a premium.  I really like the rooster and since it’s the first issue it has that going for it.  For me the dog not so much.

Edited by mondy41

What we have to get our heads around is the fact they aren't bringing out other sizes along with pimping the coins with Privy marks etc. the mintages for The Dog has increased in the Gold but that will happen through the series, they have kept the silver proof the same as last year and the BU will again be minted throughout the year.

Din't but if you don't like the look of it, you can use the money elsewhere, but also the design may grow in you

It'll do well if for no other reason than the FOMO disease (Fear Of Missing Out). Collectors, flippers, etc saw how well the Rooster did so they'll be plopping their money down so as to not miss out on another potential winner even if they don't particularly like the look of it...sad. 

On 05/10/2017 at 19:48, Jester said:

It'll do well if for no other reason than the FOMO disease (Fear Of Missing Out). Collectors, flippers, etc saw how well the Rooster did so they'll be plopping their money down so as to not miss out on another potential winner even if they don't particularly like the look of it...sad. 

So true

On 10/5/2017 at 20:48, Jester said:

I think we've all been guilty of this at some stage or other. Although the Dog isn't the best, i haven't seen one this year that has been, i'm looking past that and onto the future coins such as the Dragon and Tiger as 2 coins that will have the potential to do much better than even the Rooster has done.........If you're going for the series then you have to take the rough with the smooth

53 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Gs.be has now changed from pre-order to sold out... they advertised pre-order from the 10th:angry:

They never advertised any. I have literally been sat in front on my computer ALL day refreshing and they never displayed a single one in stock. 

All very dodgy. They have obviously sold them to their special customers who spend a lot of mobey with them. 

Just wait. The same big stackers will upload videos or them soon on you tube. Lol

Never mind 

Try Munzdachs, they have at least one gold BU at 1899€. The silver proof is sold out at 119,95€, but I imagine they will propose 2 more in the coming hour, but at a higher price

4 minutes ago, 649tom said:

They never advertised any. I have literally been sat in front on my computer ALL day refreshing and they never displayed a single one in stock. 

All very dodgy. They have obviously sold them to their special customers who spend a lot of mobey with them. 

Just wait. The same big stackers will upload videos or them soon on you tube. Lol

Never mind 

You might find a dozen of them appearing in ShadowStack's video in a while...

Edited by HyHy

3 minutes ago, 649tom said:

Watch out for auragentum. They are trying to sell the BU for €99 by calling it polished. Disgraceful

"polierte Platte" is Proof.  Only issue with the listing is they've duplicated the BU one without making the chances to the listed specs.  The title is correct though.   It's €23.95 for the BU and €99 for the Proof

1 minute ago, morezone said:

"polierte Platte" is Proof.  Only issue with the listing is they've duplicated the BU one without making the chances to the listed specs.  The title is correct though.   It's €23.95 for the BU and €99 for the Proof

polierte Platte is Polished Plate

polierte Platte is Polished Plate

Literal translations are not always accurate. A polished coin is a proof coin. That’s the phrase used by Germans for proof. Sometimes abbreviated to PP.