• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gilded Silver Coins

aztecstargazer

The first topic I wanted to get clarification on is gilded silver coins. I find them to be far more attractive to the eye. The lower mintage seems like it should demand a higher premium. But I don't know if they are worth the amount you pay. I know a new 2017 gilded britannia is more than twice the price of a BU coin. What is the benefit or drawback of these coins? I know the amount of gold added to them is nominal at best. So It can't be the added gold which is driving up the cost. I know it requires more labor to produce. But is there even a market for these coins?

As Sovereign Steve says on the whole coloured and gilded coins do not do that well. Some of them do really badly b/c they are seen as tacky. There are exceptions, i am thinking of the coloured Perth Mint Lunar II dragons, but in general they will not give you the sort of returns you might think. 

Steer clear.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

A couple of years ago I bought an ASE finished in ruthenium and gold. I wanted it as it looked nice and would put it on display because it looks more of an art piece . My gold and silver coins don't see the light of day most of the time as they are mainly bullion and not for show.

The ruthenium finished silver coins do have an impressive appearance but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy any more, unless it was exceptional.

• 3 months later...

I have published some of my collections in the photos section (Lunar & Kookaburra), if you like to give a look. Some may start changing their minds about the appeal of gilded coins! ;)

Instagram: gildeon_67

Archived