• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Kookaburra 2008 V's 2018.

Wolves

@Wolves, welcome to the forum. 

I think the 2008 is a beautiful ounce of silver. I'm not decided on the 2018 yet, I will have to see one in my hand to decide. I think it probably would have looked better if the moon was more subtle or even not there at all. 

Very much like the 2008, also the last two years (love the detail of the setting in both).  Not sure why but didn't like new one on first view and not changed.  May the eye is too prominent, the moon too many craters, make the whole thing have an air of caricature. 

I really like it, I think it's an incredibly bold design. I'm surprised they did it after two years of incredible 'conservative' designs but still!

It's a radical departure for the series I can't see them 'topping' so will probably be a key year.

I don't have any 2008s yet, so I can't make a completely fair comparison but while it's an amazing design I prefer the 2016s I have in hand. I think the 2017s are also stunning, almost as nice.

Was it flying in international airspace when it had a leg blown off and suffered damage to it's wing? 

Hope not a sign of the future and a North Korea test of the undecleared Un bomb over the pacific ocean 

I like the 2018 despite all that is wrong with it, so that's some weird **** right there 

4 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Keep an eye open on fleabay, i picked up 2 last year. One at £48 and one at £50, i thought they were good buys.

Wow, great price. So good in fact you said it twice lol. 

I have heard the 2oz 2002 is also in demand. Is that right or are there any particular 2oz kooks worth buying?

Cheers

14 minutes ago, Bullionbilly said:

Keep an eye open on fleabay, i picked up 2 last year. One at £48 and one at £50, i thought they were good buys.

That sounds good - I don't know much about the collector side of the 2ozs but would pay around that price, the right Kooks are lovely coins.

5 x 2013s from a roll went for £90 last night, the more I looked at it the more the design grew on me, I really like that one (there are lots of Kooks I don't like that much!).

I didn't even bid because apart from funds (though I could have borrowed) I think they're worth £110 for five, and I thought they'd go for more (including delivery). Doh!

Archived