• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be laughable company!!

FlorinCollector

A few months ago I placed an order with this company and the email to pay took ages(hours) to comes through so I spent my money elsewhere. As i said months ago. Randomly today getting these messages: 

Sorry for the poor spelling lol. 

Never expected this... I also emailed at the time saying for this reason I had cancelled my order :/

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I have never used this company. But with that attitude to its customers I doubt I will ever, I'm a big believer in "customer is king" I'd rather pay more if the service is excellent. I hope you complain it might teach that person a lesson if they get a reprimand.

Yes GS.be can be very rude, but i also understand that it has to be very frustrated for them if peoples just place orders and then don't pay for them... You also don't buy a car today to say tomorrow you will not take it because you found another car or the same one with another dealer for a better price. First do your research and overthink your order. Only place it the moment you're sure that you can pay for it and situations like this will not happen. 

3 minutes ago, Markh said:

I have never used this company. But with that attitude to its customers I doubt I will ever, I'm a big believer in "customer is king" I'd rather pay more if the service is excellent. 

Yes I really don't know what to do I cancelled this order as the invoice did not come through. They are now telling me I owe them compensation money... I don't have a clue if this is just threat or so I know companies have this due to their loss. However I never got that far. I have screenshotted everything if they follow through on their threats. When i done this in june i emailed and nothing happened until random message today 3 months later 

Just now, JCRJM said:

Yes I really don't know what to do I cancelled this order as the invoice did not come through. They are now telling me I owe them compensation money... I don't have a clue if this is just threat or so I know companies have this due to their loss. However I never got that far. I have screenshotted everything if they follow through on their threats. When i done this in june i emailed and nothing happened until random message today 3 months later 

You mentioned the confirmation e-mail took a couple of hours to come trough? And now you say the invoice didn't came? You can see the status always on your order list on the website and you can pay afte confirmation with the unique order id... 

Just now, PolarPanda said:

Yes GS.be can be very rude, but i also understand that it has to be very frustrated for them if peoples just place orders and then don't pay for them... You also don't buy a car today to say tomorrow you will not take it because you found another car or the same one with another dealer for a better price. First do your research and overthink your order. Only place it the moment you're sure that you can pay for it and situations like this will not happen. 

I fully agree with you mate but when the order invoice never came after hours Im sitting waiting i also emailed them. Im sitting waiting with the funds ready and it never came so I ended up using silver-to-go and i even paid more. I fully understand the frustration but i let them know right away and they only do this three months later. They clearly havent been frustrated for 3 months. 

Just now, PolarPanda said:

You mentioned the confirmation e-mail took a couple of hours to come trough? And now you say the invoice didn't came? You can see the status always on your order list on the website and you can pay afte confirmation with the unique order id... 

I looked there and it just says cancelled for that order. 

4 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

It will cost them more to try to get any compensation, give them the finger

Sorry @polarpanda let me be clear mate. I have just looked at the emails to make sure I don't make mistakes. 

1. i placed order. june 10

2. I receive email saying my order has been changed by merchant. june 10

3. I receive order confirmation. june 10

4. i email saying can i cancel order or is it too late since they changed order. june 10

5. i receive email saying "We will answer as soon as possible." june 11

6. I receive email saying order has changed. june 11

7. I receive email saying order is cancelled.  june 11

I have all these emails also.

So my memory must of failed me there Its clear i cancelled because they changed my order not because of how long i waited. 

5 minutes ago, MrGeorge said:

Theres no excuse for that, talking to customers like that and you wont be in business long.

I agree mate like I fully understand from their point of view I can be seen as in the wrong. But come on three months later random messages.

Just now, Clens92 said:

Unacceptable.  Unfortunately, the cheapest prices seem to go hand in hand with the cheapest customer service - GS.be are the worst for it.  Pay a bit more and go to STG; they're painfully polite.

Yep STG have never given me a problem been a great company. Paying a little more won't bother me knowing im not giving it to people like this :/

1 minute ago, Clens92 said:

Unacceptable.  Unfortunately, the cheapest prices seem to go hand in hand with the cheapest customer service - GS.be are the worst for it.  Pay a bit more and go to STG; they're painfully polite.

I've had excellent service from STG I'd say overall. It's cost me a few quid more than some other sellers for bulk silver (and I've had to complain once, but they mostly rectified that). I feel pretty darn near as confident as you can with them, there never seems to have been a major hitch (touch wood!).

Sometimes the email with payment details takes a few hours. With some companies I have got the payment details email the next day. I have bought the coins, the price is fixed, the money is allocated. I sit and wait. 

That the email with payment details took a few hours is not a reason to cancel. 

32 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Sorry @polarpanda let me be clear mate. I have just looked at the emails to make sure I don't make mistakes. 

1. i placed order. june 10

2. I receive email saying my order has been changed by merchant. june 10

3. I receive order confirmation. june 10

4. i email saying can i cancel order or is it too late since they changed order. june 10

5. i receive email saying "We will answer as soon as possible." june 11

6. I receive email saying order has changed. june 11

7. I receive email saying order is cancelled.  june 11

I have all these emails also.

From the series of emails you say the merchant altered the order on June 10th. You then contacted asking to cancel the order on June 11th.

What was the alteration by the merchant on June 10th?

This is how it goes:

The site is 'an invitation to treat.' It is like tins of beans on a shelf in a supermarket with price labels on the tins.

You make an offer to buy some of the coins. This is your offer. 

The site responds with an acceptance of that offer but it seems they want to change something. This is not an acceptance of your offer. Legally your offer is now voided. The offeree either accepts the offer made or the offer is voided.

The site by changing something is in fact making a counter offer. This voids your offer so there is no order to cancel. 

You say you want to cancel the order. There is no order to cancel b/c the site did not accept your offer as they wanted to change something.

You have not accepted their counter offer. There is no contract. 

If you had made an offer and that offer had been accepted there is a contract. On the site it details the terms under which they will accept offers and so by making an offer these terms are included unless you explicitly exclude them. Some of these terms are Statutory conditions and so automatically part of transactions [contracts].

There is a clause where goldsilver.be is entitled to compensation if you cancel an order [contract]. This is normal contract terms and conditions. If you are in breach of contract the other party is entitled to compensation. 

You are however saved by the fact you say there was a change by the merchant. It all depends on what that change was as to whether it constitutes a counter offer.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Sometimes the email with payment details takes a few hours. With some companies I have got the payment details email the next day. I have bought the coins, the price is fixed, the money is allocated. I sit and wait. 

That the email with payment details took a few hours is not a reason to cancel. 

From the series of emails you say the merchant altered the order on June 10th. You then contacted asking to cancel the order on June 11th.

What was the alteration by the merchant on June 10th?

This is how it goes:

The site is 'an invitation to treat.' It is like tins of beans on a shelf in a supermarket with price labels on the tins.

You make an offer to buy some of the coins. This is your offer. 

The site responds with an acceptance of that offer but it seems they want to change something. This is not an acceptance of your offer. Legally your offer is now voided. The offeree either accepts the offer made or the offer is voided.

The site by changing something is in fact making a counter offer. This voids your offer so there is no order to cancel. 

You say you want to cancel to order. There is no order to cancel b/c the site did not accept your offer as they wanted to change something.

You have not accepted their counter offer. There is no contract. 

If you had made an offer and that offer had been accepted there is a contract. On the site it details the terms under which they will accept offers and so by making an offer these terms are included unless you explicitly exclude them. Some of these terms are Statutory conditions and so automatically part of transactions [contracts].

There is a clause where goldsilver.be is entitled to compensation if you cancel an order [contract]. This is normal contract terms and conditions. If you are in breach of contract the other party is entitled to compensation. 

You are however saved by the fact you say there was a change by the merchant. It all depends on what that change was as to whether it constitutes a counter offer.

Thank you for your help mate. 

I dont actually know what the change in the order was I just know now that at the time I wanted to cancel because of that.

And no i didnt make an offer at all. My next email was instant to cancel.

17 minutes ago, JCRJM said:

Thank you for your help mate. 

I dont actually know what the change in the order was I just know now that at the time I wanted to cancel because of that.

And no i didnt make an offer at all. My next email was instant to cancel.

You made an offer when you submitted your order to the site. Your order is your offer.

The pictures and prices on the website are not an offer. They are what is called in contract law an invitation to treat. The site is inviting people to make offers. The prices are not legally fixed, you could make an offer to buy coins at a different price. Chances are the site will reject this offer but they might not.

So you put in an order [offer] and they either accept it or reject it. They contact you to say they can't match your offer, something is different. They cannot accept an offer by doing this. They are rejecting your offer, they are entering negotiations and making a counter offer. You don't accept their counter offer. You walk away. End of story.

It all depends on how they responded to your offer [order] but it sounds like they rejected your offer by offering to give you something different to what you ordered.

As long as they did not intend to supply exactly the coins at the prices etc you ordered then they rejected your order and you are on solid ground.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

You made an offer when you submitted your order to the site. Your order is your offer.

The pictures and prices on the website are not an offer. They are what is called in contract law an invitation to treat. The site is inviting people to make offers. The prices are not legally fixed, you could make an offer to buy coins at a different price. Chances are the site will reject this offer but they might not.

So you put in an order [offer] and they either accept it or reject it. They contact you to say they can't match your offer, something is different. They cannot accept an offer by doing this. They are rejecting you offer, they are entering negotiations and making a counter offer. You don't accept their counter offer. You walk away. End of story.

It all depends on how they responded to your offer [order] but it sounds like they rejected your offer by offering to give you something different to what you ordered.

As long as they did not intend to supply exactly the coins at the prices etc you ordered then they rejected your order and you are on solid ground.

Thank you. Good stuff to know going forward!

1 minute ago, jacksj1 said:

Newb here.  STG is Silver to Go ?

That's right. 'Part of' Coininvest - separate for legal reasons.

Very unflattering for GSbe.

I will probably continue to buy bullion grade coins from them via group orders, but this has put me off the idea of treating with them individually.

Is it even likely anyone will respond to such a direct message by saying "Oh, so sorry. Here, take my money." ?

Just now, Jay2 said:

Very unflattering for GSbe.

I will probably continue to buy bullion grade coins from them via group orders, but this has put me off the idea of treating with them individually.

Is it even likely anyone will respond to such a direct message by saying "Oh, so sorry. Here, take my money." ?

Yeh ive been apart of the group order before and i think ill just stick to that now. Well kind of have to since i cant use the website lol. Can use it on my phone with wifi off. I know i don't know what they were thinking :?

I can only guess that an opportunistic sales person was working the live chat service and saw that a 'pending' order had logged in to browse the site, and their thought was: here's a potential commission for me, if I can get him to complete the order.

Evidently the person needs some sales guidance, if that's the case. I can't imagine it is company policy to hound customers over orders cancelled mutually months ago.

It's a pity the group order by BYB isn't running this month ~ spot is relatively nice for buying. But there's always December ^_^

15 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

I can only guess that an opportunistic sales person was working the live chat service and saw that a 'pending' order had logged in to browse the site, and their thought was: here's a potential commission for me, if I can get him to complete the order.

Evidently the person needs some sales guidance, if that's the case. I can't imagine it is company policy to hound customers over orders cancelled mutually months ago.

It's a pity the group order by BYB isn't running this month ~ spot is relatively nice for buying. But there's always December ^_^

Yeh when i talked to another guy he said yeh my colleague noticed u. In those situations its so tempting to revert back to my 16 year old mindset but i tried not to :) I feel constantly making fake accounts and placing dud orders would be fun for sometime but i will refrain.

Archived