• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Petition to remove VAT on silver/platinum coins

Finbinfin

Hi all UK based silver forum members, 

I have created a parliamentary petition that calls for VAT on silver and platinum legal tender coinage to be scrapped. 

It needs 5 people to click the following link and provide email addresses for it to go live:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/200271/sponsors/new?token=MIzDK6Z6iKxuo8hKPS82

Given that Brexit puts our ability to get VAT free silver from the continent at risk, this I feel is the time to challenge the status quo.

Many thanks! 

Signed. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The petition needs 100 000 signatures if it is to stand a chance of being debated. i wonder if there are 100 000 people affected by this issue, i seriously doubt it. i wonder if there is even 10,000 serious silver coin collectors in the UK. 

i think liaising with European sellers so they mark up packages correctly as silver coins that are collectors' pieces of numismatic interest, so they only get the 5% VAT and we don't pay any EU VAT is the way forward. There will be some VAT, which is on dealer profits which could be knocked off when coins are exported to the UK. When this is knocked off we might end up paying 4% VAT.This is 4% too much in my mind. It is my view that virtually every silver coin mentioned here outside Phillies and Kangaroos are of numismatic interest. People should not confine their thinking to something especially rare. If a coin sells for more than the silver plus a quid to make the coin and say a quid for dealer profits the extra price is purely numismatic interest. If £0.01 of the coin is numismatic value, then the coin has numismatic interest. The legislation does not define how much numismatic interest it should have and such a term is entirely subjective in any case.

We need cooperation from dealers to make the process easy and people should be familiar with the process of reclaiming VAT. When the time comes there should probably be a specific section on the forum with necessary instructions and downloadable forms. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Sorry but this is a dead horse. A petition only asks the Parliament to express their opinion on a certain matter. What is needed instead is to educate the public that silver, just like gold, is sound money and should be penalised. Imagine if VAT was levied on cash! Actually we're probably going in that direction. 

Archived