• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

ebay coin

darrol

Don't know if I am allowed to post links from ebay but I found a gold sovereign that I was going to bid on , the title says "2000 Millennium GB Full Gold sovereign Beautiful Condition Luster AGW 0.2354 Oz , Is this some sort of way to tell  me its a fake or trying to trick me in to thinking its not  ,  the weight is low but its got over 7 bids at £205.00p still ongoing .

34 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

O.2354 oz is the gold content of a sovereign.  The coin itself should weigh a little more than that.

when I ask him what the weight of the coin was he said  , "Hi
It says the weight in the title 0.2353oz so a little under 1/4oz gold standard weight for a full sovereign .

15 minutes ago, reidpj said:
17 minutes ago, reidpj said:

I am a newbie too that's why I posted it  here as it can be hard to tell if its a fake ,  Just a point if you look at the horses tail it looks different I have compared it with the same coin and to me the end of the tail looks a different shape .   would like to know what you think about it unless its a print error but it is different I spent sometime looking at it and would like to know what you think .

Seller has 1000+ positive feedback, and seems to deal in coins.  So, I'd be happy bidding on it - though, with 4 days to go, I don't think that my £210 would be successful...

16 minutes ago, shawy2510 said:

The member in question is on here & I guarantee its real.

I can't guarantee it's real but the seller is very well known on this forum and you will have no problem in the highly unlikely event that it's fake.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 hour ago, darrol said:

Probably down to the quality/angle of the photo.  3 photos for comparison (Top eBay) each showing varying amounts of tail.  But, as my old granny would say, "if in doubt, leave it out".

IMG_2539.PNG

1 minute ago, reidpj said:

Probably down to the quality/angle of the photo.  3 photos for comparison (Top eBay; Middle Chard's; Bottom Bullion by Post) - each showing varying amounts of tail.  But, as my old granny would say, "if in doubt, leave it out".

IMG_2539.PNG

yes that would explain why the tail looks different , Its a shame I did want to bid on it but it would go against all I have been told  , so I guess ill take your granny's advise on this one .

12 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

the middle photo looks like a proof?

HH

Nobody said otherwise lol.  The photos were to demonstrate that: just because the tail of the 'ebay' imaged coin may differ in appearance from that expected, it wasn't necessarily a fake.  I, for one, am quite happy with the coin's authenticity (given the seller's eBay feedback), and have placed my bid (not successful - not that I thought that it would be, but one can always hope ?).

I had to laugh out loud when I saw this thread. It is my coin I have a few lovely genuine things on eBay this week.

I was amazed to see how I have captured three such beautiful colors within one coin.

Actually this coin is gorgeous.

It's really interesting how people can see a listing from a 100% feedback eBay account since 2001 and be suspicious ))

15 hours ago, Numistacker said:

I had to laugh out loud when I saw this thread. It is my coin I have a few lovely genuine things on eBay this week.

I was amazed to see how I have captured three such beautiful colors within one coin.

Actually this coin is gorgeous.

It's really interesting how people can see a listing from a 100% feedback eBay account since 2001 and be suspicious ))

Hi ! please don't take any offence to this thread as it was really only to  try and understand how coins can have small differences  and still be the real thing ,  This is something a newbie like myself or others  will  learn from . obviously with your rating on ebay and very well known on this site no one is in any doubt the coins authenticity .

Hi ! please don't take any offence to this thread as it was really only to  try and understand how coins can have small differences  and still be the real thing ,  This is something a newbie like myself or others  will  learn from . obviously with your rating on ebay and very well known on this site no one is in any doubt the coins authenticity .

No offense taken the forum and me are here to help Noobies make the right decisions and understand what they are buying.

There are lots of things on eBay that should rightly raise alarm bells and you are totally right to be cautious.

Archived