• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion tester & counterfeit Bullion

Charliechaplin

Hey there Ladies & Gents!

im sure everyone's aware there's a lot of counterfeit Bullion & coins circulating, Mainly on eBay but many of you like myself could have been burnt through a coin shop dealer & both parties could not be aware the item in question is counterfeit.

Not all dealers have an XRF which can cost upwards of £15,000, so they use more conventional ways I.e scratch test or acid test which can ruin the item especially if it's an collectable peice.  But we all know the best pieces come from the small time coin dealers who usually charge a tiny percentage of the premium compare to the big time company's.

so I was looking through & I've found one seller in the uk with this on eBay (282643054696) I think the price is pretty decent.... I was wondering if any one on the forum has the tester or can share some inside on it?

Any information would be brilliant,

Cheers C

It seems like an expense which is not necessary if you buy direct from a reputable supplier. 

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

@ShadowStack said he has access to one, and if he didn't he'd buy one, over a couple of his Youtube vids.

In his Silver I Do and Don't Collect vid he said that someone had given up collecting pandas because they'd found some fakes in their date run, and he's right about the number of Panda fakes. That's got me thinking as I have a few I haven't done a specific gravity test with myself.

I suppose it's how much you have invested in silver, or plan to invest, from different sources (and not having to do the specific gravity test each time - ?)

20 minutes ago, kimchi said:

@ShadowStack said he has access to one, and if he didn't he'd buy one, over a couple of his Youtube vids.

In his Silver I Do and Don't Collect vid he said that someone had given up collecting pandas because they'd found some fakes in their date run, and he's right about the number of Panda fakes. That's got me thinking as I have a few I haven't done a specific gravity test with myself.

I suppose it's how much you have invested in silver, or plan to invest, from different sources (and not having to do the specific gravity test each time - ?)

Re Pandas (obviously!) an investment in a good book or some reading online and you can easily educate yourself to spot fake pandas, they really are not that good, much cheaper than these machines!

Just now, DavePanda said:

Re Pandas (obviously!) an investment in a good book or some reading online and you can easily educate to spot fake pandas, they really are not that good, much cheaper than these machines!

Thanks, good to know! I researched the fakes thoroughly online so feel confident about the few 'loose' ones I have :)

Archived