• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

What ..... after Brexit for our Silver & Gold ???

Myblueheaven

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i know someone who has a Dubai company. It is possible to buy silver VAT free. They do not know where you actually take it when you leave the shop.

Is this Company trading in the UK ?
If yes perhaps they are not registered for VAT so don't have to charge VAT if having a low turnover.
If yes perhaps they are breaking the law ?

If outside the UK and not charging VAT then the person bringing the silver into the UK becomes a smuggler if not declaring.

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Is this Company trading in the UK ?
If yes perhaps they are not registered for VAT so don't have to charge VAT if having a low turnover.
If yes perhaps they are breaking the law ?

If outside the UK and not charging VAT then the person bringing the silver into the UK becomes a smuggler if not declaring.

Nothing has actually been done. i am talking theoretically here. This company does not trade in the UK. It is a Dubs entity, nothing to do with the UK or EU. Silver could be bought somewhere in the EU by the company. Nothing is brought into the EU, it is already in the EU. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Nothing has actually been done. i am talking theoretically here. This company does not trade in the UK. It is a Dubs entity, nothing to do with the UK or EU. Silver could be bought somewhere in the EU by the company. Nothing is brought into the EU, it is already in the EU. 

Not necessarily following your thread - sorry.
If you can find a source of silver in the EU then for the next 18 months you can bring it or ship it into the UK without any questions or charges.
If it is outside the EU then it is liable for full VAT unless the coins are collectibles / numismatics when the VAT is reduced to 5%.
Post Brexit you will have to declare it and pay 20% VAT or 5% VAT if you can prove numi etc.

An non-EU entity [company] buys silver anywhere in the EU for ultimate export. There is no VAT to pay, it is for ultimate export out of the EU or pre/post Brexit UK. i, one, the man next door does not own the silver, the non-EU entity owns the silver. Exported goods do not have to go directly to their ultimate destination and could be held in storage. This is not a viable solution for many. 

The 5% VAT rate on collectors' pieces of numismatic interest is likely the way to go if post Brexit people in the UK were facing 20% VAT on silver coins.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Just as an aside, the Brexit referendum was advisory only, not legally binding.

It is as you say. The problem is people voted expecting a result. Voted being the key. Democracy is on the line, if the majority are ignored then the precedent is set and democracy is something to be ignored in the future, perhaps law too.

39 minutes ago, KDave said:

It is as you say. The problem is people voted expecting a result. Voted being the key. Democracy is on the line, if the majority are ignored then the precedent is set and democracy is something to be ignored in the future, perhaps law too.

I take your point, although I think that it'd be more of a threat if a government tried to back out of something that was legally binding.

I mean, manifesto pledges aren't legally binding and people vote expecting them to be enacted, yet how many fall by the wayside?

2 minutes ago, PansPurse said:

I take your point, although I think that it'd be more of a threat if a government tried to back out of something that was legally binding.

I mean, manifesto pledges aren't legally binding and people vote expecting them to be enacted, yet how many fall by the wayside?

A good point, but in context, this was a yes or no vote, clear cut, rather than a list of promises to fall by the way side. I don't think people will forget about this one if they make it go away. ;)

3 hours ago, PansPurse said:

Just as an aside, the Brexit referendum was advisory only, not legally binding.

Legally, that is correct. Politically it is absolutely binding though. Far too many people do not think of the consequences of the government ignoring this, you will basically say to a whole section of society (many of whom voted for the first time in their lives) that they do not have the democratic means to change society and that their vote means nothing.

You get a version of UKIP on steroids, or possibly worse.

That's why it will happen, in whatever form that takes.

Archived