• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling to atkinsons

jkay

16 minutes ago, Clens92 said:

You might get a better price selling on here?

I don't know if anyone would be interested. It's all gold bars various sizes, have about 120 grams to sell.

Just phoned Atkinsons they are saying 96 hours to transfer the money after getting the gold due to high volume

If you post to HGM by Special Delivery they receive the next working day and you will have your money in your bank account in the afternoon, same day.
Check first but that's my experience.

What have you to lose trying to sell on this forum.

As a newbie I'm constantly watching the sales section for silver and gold at good prices as I see the forum as a safe place to buy. 

As a newbie I don't have the knowledge of where's best to buy yet, I'm scared of Ebay unless it's a seller off here.... but then why go through ebay...i would just pm the seller.

If this is the way I am treating my new venture then I'm sure there are plenty others doing the same.

So maybe you can make a little more buy selling on here instead of at dealers whilst someone saves a little buy buying from you on here.

My theory may be way off lol

Myblueheaven

I would go straight to HGM as Pete suggests. Is it worth pissing about, sending goods before payment as this will usually be required as newbie seller on the forum for 1 or 2 % extra with all the time and hassle involved?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

5 hours ago, Myblueheaven said:

What have you to lose trying to sell on this forum.

What protection does the seller have if something goes wrong? I can understand the OP wanting to sell to a legit and well known dealer just to stay on the safe side. 

1 hour ago, savoyard said:

What protection does the seller have if something goes wrong? I can understand the OP wanting to sell to a legit and well known dealer just to stay on the safe side. 

Probably none other than postal insurance.

As I said it's "just my theory which could be way off"

It's all about opinions and we're all grown ups I assume,  so if I ever get stung I know it's my fault for not going to "legit dealers"

I've made a few transactions through the forum without any issues...... but I know issues could happen.

Up to the OP at the end of the day.

I'm sure whatever they decide will be the best decision for them.

Myblueheaven.

Another consideration for inexperienced forum buyers of gold bars  -

and this -

AND for experienced buyers purchasing from reputable sources -

I would not touch a bar now but stick to well specified gold coins only.

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 11:02, Goldhooked said:

Those videos are an eye opener!  Hollowing out real gold bars and filling them with tungsten - that's pretty scary as you'd never really know unless you stuck a drill in all your bars!!

Think I'll stick to sovereigns!

But there's fake sovereigns out there too! I don't think its a reason to stick with sovereigns as criminals will target the biggest market .

3 hours ago, darrol said:

But there's fake sovereigns out there too! I don't think its a reason to stick with sovereigns as criminals will target the biggest market .

Fake sovereigns aren't really a problem unless you're buying expensive numismatics.

Almost all fakes are still approx. 22ct gold so if you stick with bullions you won't get stung. The non-gold ones or those of lower gold content are pretty easy to spot.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived