• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bullion Sovereign Collections (what to start with?)

IOSILVER

3 minutes ago, sg86 said:

I don't have a live figure but as you can see quite a few!

Yes I also have the halves started but that is even harder/more expensive per gram. I started on the halves actually but prefer the additional detail on the full sovs

That will be an awesome set when complete! I wish you the best of luck in completing your goal! You will have to keep us updated and put up a few pics when complete, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of a complete date run, I bet it's a nice sight!

I take it you keep all the doubles elsewhere and only use that box for the best of each date/type?

Far too much spare spending money if you can manage a full collection so quickly! :)

Doesn't that box take up a lot of space in your safe?

Firstly sorry to the OP as this has turned out to be a bit of a thread hijack!

16 hours ago, Roy said:

OMG! :o

Please spill the beans on that case? Just what I need :wub:

It's a Lighthouse aluminium case for the Lighthouse/Leuchttrum trays. Not amazing quality or anything but it's the utility i wanted it for, I couldn't deal with carrying the individual trays from storage when adding coins :)

16 hours ago, Murph said:

I take it you keep all the doubles elsewhere and only use that box for the best of each date/type?

Far too much spare spending money if you can manage a full collection so quickly! :)

Doesn't that box take up a lot of space in your safe?

Yes the presented ones are for the run only. duplicates are in a monster box/RM tubes that i'm trying to fill as well :)

It takes up a bit, but i have a big safe!

15 hours ago, Ansel said:

Incredible collection and beautifully displayed too. What is in the Tupperware, I think I spot a gold bar?

One is odds and sods, which does have a little 5g pamp bar in it, and the other is coins i have listed for sale on the website etc.

13 hours ago, LewisRichards said:

You should do like a 2 hour full stack video and show every coin!

That would be pretty epic, I'm not one for videos etc but I'll have to do it if the run ever gets completed

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

4 hours ago, sg86 said:

Firstly sorry to the OP as this has turned out to be a bit of a thread hijack!

Thats OK! The thread hijack was definitely worth it. Absolutely stunning sovereigns and its all about the same topic so well worth everyone's comments still!

Right decision made as I already had one sovereign...

Going to do the Elizabeth heads first as I've got a 2015 IRB head from a strike on a day sovereign.

So I've just got a JC head ordered and will work my way backwards and then finally go for the James Butler design as that will cost more being proof only.

Archived