• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Good price for gov backed fractional silver coins?

jmichael99

im currently stacking for a SHTF situation, as well as a few coins to maybe make a profit later on.  

I was thinking of getting a tube or 2 of 1/10oz 1/4 and 1/2 silver coins.  The rest of the year I'm focused on silver.  Might pick up some gold next year.  

What coins would be good to look at that doesn't have a high premium? (yes I know 90% coins from 65 and back but also wanted options of other coins too)

TBH, I'd stay away from fractional Silver.  With any fractional, you're going to pay a higher premium per coin.  To illustrate my point, since you're state-side, let's look at JM Bullion as the preferred source for inexpensive bullion.  Right now, you can pick up two tubes of 2017 1/2 oz Somalian Silver Elephants for $660 (50 coins or 25 oz of .999 Silver).  For that same $660, you can pick up 31 (almost 32) 2017 1 oz Australian Silver Kangaroo Coin which is 31 oz of .9999 Silver.  So for the same amount of your hard-earned money spent, you're coming out 6 oz ahead of higher grade Silver.  Now if money is no object, then maybe fractionals are a good option if that's a personal goal.

At the end of the day, we each know what's best for us and perhaps fractional Silver is the way to go.  If you're really interested in picking up some fractional Silver for a good price, I'm currently selling 10 2017 3/4 oz Silver Canadian Wolf Moon Coins for $165 (cheaper than JM Bullion!) and I'll even throw in free shipping : )

1 hour ago, Jester said:

TBH, I'd stay away from fractional Silver.  With any fractional, you're going to pay a higher premium per coin.  To illustrate my point, since you're state-side, let's look at JM Bullion as the preferred source for inexpensive bullion.  Right now, you can pick up two tubes of 2017 1/2 oz Somalian Silver Elephants for $660 (50 coins or 25 oz of .999 Silver).  For that same $660, you can pick up 31 (almost 32) 2017 1 oz Australian Silver Kangaroo Coin which is 31 oz of .9999 Silver.  So for the same amount of your hard-earned money spent, you're coming out 6 oz ahead of higher grade Silver.  Now if money is no object, then maybe fractionals are a good option if that's a personal goal.

At the end of the day, we each know what's best for us and perhaps fractional Silver is the way to go.  If you're really interested in picking up some fractional Silver for a good price, I'm currently selling 10 2017 3/4 oz Silver Canadian Wolf Moon Coins for $165 (cheaper than JM Bullion!) and I'll even throw in free shipping : )

Good insite. Maybe I'll stick to getting 90% silver and everything else 1oz eagles along with some other stuff 

I would have to agree with the recommendation to stay away from the sub-one-ounce silver coins.  When it comes time to resell, you will be lucky to get spot from most coin or bullion dealers (which is normal for most dealers).  If the SHTF, then it won't matter and we will all be bartering by that time. 90% silver will always be good as a straight silver investment, or for use in bartering.  Cheers from Scotty at CoinFinders  www.coinfinders.com

Archived