• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Midlands Coin Fair to buy bullion gold?

I know there are already a couple of threads on this subject but they're quite old. I'm looking to buy some gold. Bullion, because I'm not interested in collecting (yet!). I was thinking either 3 sovs or a full ounce of whatever. I've never been to this fair. Would it be a good place to buy gold bullion, both in terms of price and dealers' reliability? Would any dealer at the fair accept vile cash? And would they give me a receipt if I buy cash? Thanks. 

I think you might find the odd deal but I doubt much, overheads for dealers selling at coinshows are big, and from their point of view why risk carrying around bullion to make a very small margin. I see no reason why you couldn't find three sovs, and you would see some cool coins. But if you just want bullion HGM or atkinsons is probably a lot easier and probably cheaper.

1 hour ago, savoyard said:

I know there are already a couple of threads on this subject but they're quite old. I'm looking to buy some gold. Bullion, because I'm not interested in collecting (yet!). I was thinking either 3 sovs or a full ounce of whatever. I've never been to this fair. Would it be a good place to buy gold bullion, both in terms of price and dealers' reliability? Would any dealer at the fair accept vile cash? And would they give me a receipt if I buy cash? Thanks. 

free parking and only 2 quid to get in ,  maybe a good idea to go and have a look in person.That said , despite I only live up the road I have never been really inside but I will go next week Sunday , if u see me there give me a shout I buy u a burger :D I am very easy to spot 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

• 1 month later...
On 02/09/2017 at 20:05, fehk2001 said:

This is fact I am easy to spot , poker face .... and skin color blue 

Did you buy anything? I'm thinking of going next 12th of Nov. I'm interested only in sovs at the moment. 

21 minutes ago, savoyard said:

Did you buy anything? I'm thinking of going next 12th of Nov. I'm interested only in sovs at the moment. 

Best is Dec show Nov is only minor show 

no didn't go at the end :D over slept 

20 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

spending too much time on the forum in the early hours;)

i normally do lots of reading at night ........

yesterday was about , what will happen when all the ice melt on earth .......research , very good graphics and reading 

27 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

i normally do lots of reading at night ........

yesterday was about , what will happen when all the ice melt on earth .......research , very good graphics and reading 

Whose says it will all melt? Why would it melt? The polar ice caps are collectively growing. There has been no global warming since 1998. Even NASA is having trouble dodging the fact there is no big meltdown. i thought the coastal regions of the world were going to be underwater by now according to Conman Gore. 

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

9 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Whose says it will all melt? Why would it melt? The polar ice caps are collectively growing. There has been no global warming since 1998. Even NASA is having trouble dodging the fact there is no big meltdown. i thought the coastal regions of the world were going to be underwater by now according to Conman Gore. 

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

It's alright , just read what others are researching , nothing is definite right or wrong sometimes 

I quite enjoy their graphics and efforts :)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-worst-winter-11-11430756

Global cooling is expected to start to kick in this winter. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-worst-winter-11-11430756

Global cooling is expected to start to kick in this winter. 

I've never known one of these long range weather forecasts to be accurate. They're a joke, I'm surprised they even bother putting them out but I guess they work on the scatter gun approach:D

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, sovereignsteve said:

I've never known one of these long range weather forecasts to be accurate. They're a joke, I'm surprised they even bother putting them out but I guess they work on the scatter gun approach:D

Well actually i am going off 200 and 400 year forecasts but wanted to show that even the controlled media outlets are putting out information which makes the idea of global warming and the polar ice caps disappearing rather farcical. i have been following the data about the impeding global cooling for about 3 years now and the data is mounting up. It is expected to show its teeth starting this winter, so we will see less crop production and escalating food prices. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the coin fair yesterday, I normally go. If you are looking for cheap, then this isn't the place to go. If you are after unusual and rare, then it's worth it.

That being said there is a good chap with his daughter always near the entrance who does coins at very reasonable premiums. Look out for the chap with a goatee type beard with his daughter. I have bought quite a bit off him.

30 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Yes i think I bought a couple of sovs from him when I went. I think he has something to do with the show organisation. He even trusted me to pay by bank transfer when I got home!:o

did he ask u out for a drink :D

Archived