• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Any silver website accept Litecoin?

jmichael99

I bought some litecoin and made a decent profit and I want to convert that to silver (and maybe gold).  Does any coin site accept litecoin?  

Not sure, but can't you just cash out your digital currency into "cash"? If not that's a huge draw back...

I've done well on Litecoin, I'm on Coinbase who don't recognise my bank account with the Nationwide so I was going to sell my litecoin on Coinbase, hold the money in the cash wallet then buy Bitcoin, then the plan was to buy silver from Bitgilld who accept Bitcoin as payment.  The Coinbase 1.2% fee for transactions will hopefully be nullified by a couple of percentage points raise in Bitcoin which is entirely possible.

24 minutes ago, Scuzzle said:

I've done well on Litecoin, I'm on Coinbase who don't recognise my bank account with the Nationwide so I was going to sell my litecoin on Coinbase, hold the money in the cash wallet then buy Bitcoin, then the plan was to buy silver from Bitgilld who accept Bitcoin as payment.  The Coinbase 1.2% fee for transactions will hopefully be nullified by a couple of percentage points raise in Bitcoin which is entirely possible.

I'm on Coinbase as well. I didn't see an option to sell and hold the cash. I would also rebuy in bit coin to spent. Care to share the steps?

27 minutes ago, jmichael99 said:

I'm on Coinbase as well. I didn't see an option to sell and hold the cash. I would also rebuy in bit coin to spent. Care to share the steps?

I've never done it myself but I have a £ and a euro wallet and I'm funding my account via a credit card since they don't recognise my Nationwide account so I'm assuming when I sell the proceeds are going to go into the euro wallet.   Then I purchase bitcoin funded from the euro wallet and it's over to Bitgild where I will probably buy a load of 2 oz Queens Beast Griffin and Dragons for 42 Euros each - is 2 euros more than STG but they accept Bitcoin which saves a lot of hassle.  I'm assuming paying by Bitcoin is just transferring it into the wallet no. they supply.

I'm still holding off for now as Litecoin is still going up, if it hits $100 or the first sign of a pull back and I will get out.  With any luck it will be like Bitcoin, I waited for a pull back in it to buy in and it just went up and up and up so I bought Etherium and Litecoin instead.

You can sell your Litecoin then have the cash sitting in the £ or Euro wallet then buy back into Litecoin again with it if the price takes a bit hit downwards.

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but I want to ask the same question, things might have changed since the last reply in 2017!

I see that Bitgild.com accept Litecoin, and from Google I see a site called silvergoldbull.co.uk, are there any others?

I'm dubious about the latter, given I've never heard of them, and their seemingly VAT free prices based in London. Anybody know if they're legit?

Archived