• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Swan Coin incoming?

TylerSilver

45 minutes ago, Sadbuttrue2 said:

I'M GETTIN A BIT TIRED WAITING FOR THESE TO ARRIVE! WHY ALL THE PISSING ABOUT?

Exactly.  In the US anyway, Apmex is trying something new I think.  Announce the coin way ahead of time, drive people to the site where they find the "Alert me" link, keep the release date a mystery while gathering as much Alert me info as possible.  This will also let them know if the coin is really hot so they can adjust prices accordingly.

Maybe I'm being unfair to Apmex though. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SilverB said:

I can see people talking about the price of them, all I can see is Apmex's 'Alert Me' button? Is another dealer selling them already?

If you clicked on the swan coin and looked at it then went back to the another screen on the bottom of the page it said “Recently Viewed Products” which allowed you to see the price of the swans at the time. I posted a twitter picture of it here ( https://mobile.twitter.com/TylerArgento/status/971146690479636480 ) but now it seems like they removed the recently viewed tab sincerely I can no longer get it anymore. I think they replaced it with “recommended for you” 

1 hour ago, 999magnum said:

Someone reported they had some for sale at apmex in the high 20s.

The BU Swans were $27.39 and the proofs were starting st $89.99. People got alert me’a from Apmex and whnI they clicked the links they could see the price 

4 hours ago, 999magnum said:

Someone reported they had some for sale at apmex in the high 20s.

3 hours ago, TylerSilver said:

The BU Swans were $27.39 and the proofs were starting st $89.99. People got alert me’a from Apmex and whnI they clicked the links they could see the price 

That's strange. I checked with a friend in the states who has been signed up for the alert, and he hasn't received any alert this week from Apmex. So you're saying the guys you know of, have been recently sent a link to actually purchase the swan? Or not to purchase yet, just price information?

6 hours ago, swAgger said:

That's strange. I checked with a friend in the states who has been signed up for the alert, and he hasn't received any alert this week from Apmex. So you're saying the guys you know of, have been recently sent a link to actually purchase the swan? Or not to purchase yet, just price information?

Only a certain amount of people got these emails, personally I’m signed up and I didn’t get one so it was a mistake on Apmexs part and it only gave them the price information if the coins 

Interesting to see it confirmed that the Swan series will not roll on indefinitely. Apmex are stating it is a 3-issue series.

I don't mind that. Will make a nice limited, compact series of it, which will always be in demand in the years ahead. Will look well in a 3-coin-inset wood box too.

Only a certain amount of people got these emails, personally I’m signed up and I didn’t get one so it was a mistake on Apmexs part and it only gave them the price information if the coins 

Only Apmex VIP member could buy coin. Max 50 pcs.

Picked up 5 at $37 each via PayPal... This price is already $17 above the original price offering for the 2017 Swan... And the silver spot price is very similar... Wait and see.. I still couldn't pass this up as last year the priced jumped 3x the original price within the first 12 hours. It's a gamble none the less...

Apmex played the dealer game, which is to be expected. First batch size was about 8,000+ coins. So, first batch in numbers; They had a quantity approx 3,000 available at $28.83 (gone in 15 mins), approx 1,500 at $31.84 (gone in next 10 mins), and the remaining of this first batch approx 3,500 at $35.84.

An hour in, now, the first launch batch of approx 8,000+ coins has just finished. Second batch of 1,000 up and price is stable at the $35+ mark. That is probably their target price for the large portion of their allocation.

Edit: second batch finished. Now on third batch (which i am having to make a stab at guessing) began with approx 2,500 and price set now at ..... wait for it.... $46. Jesus H C

2 minutes ago, 999magnum said:

I cannot say that I didn't expect this from apmex. At least they are predictable.

True. The swan is theirs. They sold the bulk of last years allocation within very reasonable price ranges. When compared to what other dealers were doing during the first 2 days, and where they have ended up. I guess they were not going to let that happen this year. Still, i am surprised they didn't stick inside the mid-higher $30's for longer.

All in all, i think it's a good thing this series will finish next year. A prestige set. Short and sweet.

Just now, 999magnum said:

I think the swans have taught me a very important lesson. The fact that I should stack more weight instead of making  frivolous and spontaneous purchases. 

Depends , if the future buyers are willing to pay the premium that’s fine 

if stack more weight you might want to go and buy from trading platform rather than physical coins 

just don’t keep on buying cheap slabs will do in your case 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

2 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

Depends , if the future buyers are willing to pay the premium that’s fine 

if stack more weight you might want to go and buy from trading platform rather than physical coins 

just don’t keep on buying cheap slabs will do in your case 

So maybe stick with engelhards or some other vintage types maybe? Instead of all new Sunshine Mint 10oz bars? Yea that makes sense too.

1 minute ago, 999magnum said:

So maybe stick with engelhards or some other vintage types maybe? Instead of all new Sunshine Mint 10oz bars? Yea that makes sense too.

I would go for mix in your case , u just need some experience on what to buy but u also need to consider to buy some coins u like to collect if u are collectors 

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Archived