• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

My first piece of gold, full sovereign

Peacemaker

Finally got round to moving a bit of the silver stack for some gold, Aftee discovering hidden postage costs from ATS Bullion ive ended up with this lustreous 1974 full sov from Atkinsons Bullion mixed date range, got to be at least a 60, thought id get a scratched up one judging from the stock pics they use, my camera isnt really doing it any justice, sony m4 aqua for you! 

DSC_1352.JPG

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

No longer a gold virgin eh !
I would remove the coin from the plastic flip and then take a picture.

:D

nope, popped the gold cherry!

My camera is awful, cant seem to focus, have to wait for the wife to get home with her phone

Im gona sell another chunk of silver to get one more, one just isnt enough, then try and restrict myself to one a month, its gona be hard though haha

Congrats, looks very nice! You are a wise one, there is no such thing as a single Sov, just your first, second third etc :P

I'm a newbie but may I recommend a 2017 as a lovely, special year?

Also the carded India mint ones if you can get one :)

49 minutes ago, Xander said:

You won't regret buying sovereigns, probably regret not doing it sooner.

I really dont know why i didnt get any sooner, been stacking silver casually just over a year now, maybe the price put me off as a beginner

Very nice indeed sir- I got my first this month also! So welcome from a fellow newbie!

Do you have an idea which way your going to go, IE different monarchs, perhaps a date run from your first one etc etc?

3 hours ago, boon said:

Very nice indeed sir- I got my first this month also! So welcome from a fellow newbie!

Do you have an idea which way your going to go, IE different monarchs, perhaps a date run from your first one etc etc?

Im going to stick Atkinsons mixed dates for the best value, my aim atm is jist to get as many i can 

6 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Im going to stick Atkinsons mixed dates for the best value, my aim atm is jist to get as many i can 

Makes good sense :) stack em high!

I only have a few so plan to do the same, and once i have a fair few I might start sorting them into date runs and selling / trading duplicates. That's the plan, whether I stick to it or not is another story................ i only came on here looking for silver :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, boon said:

Makes good sense :) stack em high!

I only have a few so plan to do the same, and once i have a fair few I might start sorting them into date runs and selling / trading duplicates. That's the plan, whether I stick to it or not is another story................ i only came on here looking for silver :rolleyes:

Same! Get quantity then sort quality, dates etc, I only started looking at gold recently when i stumbled across Numistacker's vids on youtube, think i watched all his sovereign vids, realised stacking gold was affordable through sovereigns, best investment i think, low premiums even from big dealers

41 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Same! Get quantity then sort quality, dates etc, I only started looking at gold recently when i stumbled across Numistacker's vids on youtube, think i watched all his sovereign vids, realised stacking gold was affordable through sovereigns, best investment i think, low premiums even from big dealers

Good man, sounds like we have a similar plan of action :) shame the price has gone up! :(

On 31/08/2017 at 21:47, Cornishfarmer said:

Interested to hear what's the most and least you've paid for bullion sovs in the 9 years?

It varies greatly.  I can remember paying as low as £130-40 and £280-300. Over that period of time you benefit greatly from cost price averaging. I used to keep a log,  but not any more, but I'd say my average price is some around £190-£200 at the worst.

Congrats on getting into the wonderful world of sovereigns. The only sovereigns I have are ones that I picked up about 20 years ago when I got my first credit card and before I knew anything about precious metals -- I was just into collecting Canadian coins at the time. I picked up MS-63 graded 1917, 1918, and 1919 sovereigns from TeleTrade (an online auction site). I had to have them and it was a couple months worth of paychecks at the time...but sovereigns are still the more beautiful coins that I have in my collection and I don't regret the decision for a moment! Only 1/10oz each, but worth a lot more than their melt value because of age/condition.

Archived