• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Conor Mcgregor poster

8 minutes ago, Markh said:

The same happens at my boxing gym. We get kickboxing guys come especially to hone their skills for the boxing side of there sport, at first they thought it would be a walk over, they soon realised a totally different approach needed to be learnt.

When I first started boxing I was sparring against a local karate champion. He broke my nose first punch as he came out with all the wrong moves that I didn't expect to see. He annoyed the trainers with his arrogance and lack of discipline so they set up his first amateur bout with someone who knocked him all over the place.

He raised his hands, walked out of the ring and was never seen at the club again. In the meant time I was honing my skills hoping to meet him again at the club but I did bump into him in the street a few years later. He said he never realised how hard boxing was.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, MickB said:

When I first started boxing I was sparring against a local karate champion. He broke my nose first punch as he came out with all the wrong moves that I didn't expect to see. He annoyed the trainers with his arrogance and lack of discipline so they set up his first amateur bout with someone who knocked him all over the place.

He raised his hands, walked out of the ring and was never seen at the club again. In the meant time I was honing my skills hoping to meet him again at the club but I did bump into him in the street a few years later. He said he never realised how hard boxing was.

That's so funny (not the broken nose bit) the same sort of thing happens at our gym, but not just martial artist. You get people come do a couple of sessions then decide to jump in ring and instantly start throwing bombs like there in a street fight, they do it to much smaller guys, newbies, they do a couple of round think there ten men, then you never see em again to get revenge. If they do come back, there guaranteed some pain. Our trainer now starts most people on body sparing if they want to spar, then progress to head sparing.

Don't get me wrong, in no way do i class myself as any good, but I'm fit,strong and got long arms. And at 40+ years the testosterone is sharply declining. But I still like to mix it up with the young uns. Best stress relief I found yet. lol.

I thought Mayweather should have been docked points and warned for turning his back into McGregor in the earlier rounds. He did it quite a few times.   I was shocked to see the judges gave Mayweather the first 3 rounds, what fight where they watching?

Disappointed at Conors stamina but it shows the huge difference required in attributes for boxing compared to MMA.

Archived