• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Conor Mcgregor poster

UFC put together a very good 20 minute promo build up piece, well worth watching

https://www.ufc.tv/video/mayweather-vs-mcgregor---how-conor-wins

(need to enable flash but don't have to login or have an account etc to watch the video) 

They just put it on their youtube 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, silverin said:

Looking forward to this one... 4am though :P

Yes, then got to stay up till 2am Sunday to watch Season finale of GoT

going to mess up my sleep pattern 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

McGregor hasn't got any defence according to Steve Collins junior, which means Mayweather will pick up the early rounds on points quite easily.

I've put a fiver on round six for Mayweather at 12-1 but I wouldn't be surprised if it went the distance with a Unanimous decision to Mayweather and McGregor calling for a rematch.

14 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I think it says "early reports claim he was shot in his jeep" not actually shot in his jeep, the bench picture could just be for the shock factor as there was 2 people shot and only one on the park bench

No-one was shot it's bull , the photo was of a victim of the Washington sniper in 2012

http://www.thatsnonsense.com/boxing-promoter-called-barry-gibson-found-dead-fact-check/

Look at the other stories on the original site linked it's full of conspiracy rubbish

Mcgregors got this in the bag, who has took a shot from Mcgregor and said he cant punch? Alvarez said himself, he was in front of Mcgregor, next second he was looking up at him from the ground, thinking wtf was that. Mayweather will suffer the same fate, he wont see it coming, then it will be all over.

On 24/08/2017 at 22:09, Markh said:

I don't know much about MMA.

Seen a few fight's it looks explosive to watch. But to me I cannot see how the MMA training will translate into boxing.

MacGregor is obviously a skilled and talented cage fighter but a whole new approach and skill set will be needed in the boxing ring.

I'm biased anyway towards this as I do boxing.

Connor gunna get smashed.?

Boxing is only one discipline of MMA, Taking away the 6 other limbs, wrestling and grappling side of things, the 5 minute rounds with only 1 minute of rest, instead 1 minute rest every 3 minutes. The extra disciplines of MMA make it an exhausting sport physically and mentally, Mcgregor not having to worry about anything but Mayweathers 2 hands is a benefit Mcgregor and in his own words, "only half a fight". Hopefully Mayweather isnt dismissing Mcgregors boxing like everyone else for his own sake.

2 minutes ago, DaveWheat89 said:

Boxing is only one discipline of MMA, Taking away the wrestling and grappling side of things, the 5 minute rounds with only 1 minute of rest, instead 1 minute rest every 3 minutes. The extra disciplines of MMA make it an exhausting sport physically and mentally, Mcgregor not having to worry about anything but Mayweathers 2 hands is a benefit Mcgregor and in his own words, "only half a fight". Hopefully Mayweather isnt dismissing Mcgregors boxing like everyone else for his own sake.

Boxing or fighting!!!! don't get confused.

Watch the video k-man posted. 

MacGregor will go out to fight that's the only way he has chance.

It's not like Mayweather hasn't faced people that can punch before though is it ?  He's been facing the best boxers for twenty years . The only thing McGregor has got that could worry Mayweather is unpredictability . Of course he's got a punchers chance like you get in every fight but he's never faced anyone with the defensive skills of Mayweather .

They are completely different disciplines , to me boxing is far more tactical . Hitting and not getting hit , wearing your opponent down .it's not like the explosive fights you see in MMA. Landing that big punch will be so much harder in boxing than in MMA .

Let's see McGregor put on a few pounds and fight GGG a man in his prime , he would batter the **** out of McGregor

1 minute ago, daz said:

It's not like Mayweather hasn't faced people that can punch before though is it ?  He's been facing the best boxers for twenty years . The only thing McGregor has got that could worry Mayweather is unpredictability . Of course he's got a punchers chance like you get in every fight but he's never faced anyone with the defensive skills of Mayweather .

They are completely different disciplines , to me boxing is far more tactical . Hitting and not getting hit , wearing your opponent down .it's not like the explosive fights you see in MMA. Landing that big punch will be so much harder in boxing than in MMA .

Let's see McGregor put on a few pounds and fight GGG a man in his prime , he would batter the **** out of McGregor

Agree on predicability and GGG.

A skilled boxer will always school a fighter, unless he gets drawn into toe to toe.. then it's down to power and stamina.?

1 hour ago, daz said:

They are completely different disciplines , to me boxing is far more tactical . Hitting and not getting hit , wearing your opponent down .it's not like the explosive fights you see in MMA. Landing that big punch will be so much harder in boxing than in MMA 

That's because what's safe in boxing isn't safe in the real world 

A safe place to put your head in boxing could be ducking into a kick or knee

How you position yourself could leave you open to an easy takedown

"Let's see McGregor put on a few pounds and fight GGG a man in his prime , he would batter the **** out of McGregor"

Conor vs smaller technical boxers with pillow fists = possible win

Conor vs same size power puncher = disaster

He would destroy them all in the Octagon though :D

McGreggor to be disqualified in round 6 or 7,   Mayweather comprehensively outscores McGreggor on points for 5 rounds, McGreggor knees Mayweather in the groin - "sorry about that I forgot where I was".  Mayweather wins on a disqualification leaving a big money rematch a possibility.

1 hour ago, Scuzzle said:

McGreggor to be disqualified in round 6 or 7,   Mayweather comprehensively outscores McGreggor on points for 5 rounds, McGreggor knees Mayweather in the groin - "sorry about that I forgot where I was".  Mayweather wins on a disqualification leaving a big money rematch a possibility.

I'm thinking about the same but I think it will be a stray elbow and will cut him and be call off.    Buzzing for it 

I never bet so forgive me being a bit dumb.. 

I just signed up with BetSafe for £10

As a new customer they let you bet £1 on Conor to win @ 49-1

They also double your initial deposit so I have £19 left

I can bet the £19 on Floyd to win By KO TKO Or Disqualification, 7/10, if he does I will win £32.30

I can't see it going 12 rounds and to a decision, I don't think Conor will have the cardio for it

If Conor wins £40, or Floyd wins by stopping him 22 ish 

I hope it ends in 6 seconds like an abridged episode of One Punch Man.

My backup hope is that it goes on and on and fecking on, a full-on yawn-fest of dodging which ends with a lot of sweaty knackered hugging until they give up.

And so we never see another hyped non-fight like this ever again. Unless there are sharks involved.  LMAO

/rant

34 minutes ago, Jay2 said:

I hope it ends in 6 seconds like an abridged episode of One Punch Man.

My backup hope is that it goes on and on and fecking on, a full-on yawn-fest of dodging which ends with a lot of sweaty knackered hugging until they give up.

And so we never see another hyped non-fight like this ever again. Unless there are sharks involved.  LMAO

/rant

Conor's defence and stamina aren't good enough for it to be boring

He will either KO Floyd early or end up getting schooled 

4 hours ago, Kman said:

Conor's defence and stamina aren't good enough for it to be boring

He will either KO Floyd early or end up getting schooled 

I feel that turned out pretty accurate :P

Conor lost to exhaustion as much as anything Floyd did, just has cardio issues for whatever reason

Archived