• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Conor Mcgregor poster

Do you think any posters would be worth getting as an investment? the fight with Floyd is pretty historic, especially if Conor wins. 

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/900784316900233216

Edit> Actually I suppose they aren't referencing the fight so never mind :ph34r:  

conor1.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Markh said:

Your getting suckered into the hype

Too late for that, I'm already all in lol

I'm a big MMA fan, I've been following Conor since before his first fight in the UFC, been tremendous following his career. 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I don't know much about MMA.

Seen a few fight's it looks explosive to watch. But to me I cannot see how the MMA training will translate into boxing.

MacGregor is obviously a skilled and talented cage fighter but a whole new approach and skill set will be needed in the boxing ring.

I'm biased anyway towards this as I do boxing.

Connor gunna get smashed.?

I think a good bet is McGreggor to knock down Mayweather, a knockdown includes a stumble or a glove touching the floor so 3/1 looks a good bet to me especially since Mayweather is the type to fix up his people with a score, he is known for this.   

3 hours ago, Scuzzle said:

I think a good bet is McGreggor to knock down Mayweather, a knockdown includes a stumble or a glove touching the floor so 3/1 looks a good bet.

You maybe technically correct, but seriously..... do it three times.

I'm thinking Mayweather's team may have only agreed to this fight with money and a rematch in mind.

imho if Mayweather wins it was not rigged however if it's white boy day then it *could* have been rigged for reasons above.

In saying all that I don't watch much sports these days but I have a history of being right and knowing stuff....:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Markh said:

What was his record as a boxer?

Not sure if he fought professionally but I thought he started boxing in his younger days so that training and skillset will have been ingrained from an early age and will definitely have helped him in his MMA career. Never boxed myself but it seemed reasonable. Obviously if Mayweather had been in his prime, it's doubtful Mcgreggor would have stood a chance.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Conor is the taller, stronger man, probably will be 20lbs heavier on the night and has a very dangerous left hand 

He has a karate style of footwork where he can dart in and hit opponents from distances they think they're safe

He's also a great counter puncher leaning back just out of distance and timing people

I think it will be really interesting to see how his footwork, angles and timing translate, maybe it will be totally nullified by Floyd, or maybe being a little unorthodox he will be able to land one clean left, and with how hard he hits that could well be all he needs..

Also will be interesting to see how Conor's grappling/wrestling training from MMA will be used in the clinch

Floyd isn't known for his heavy hands, Conor should be able to survive a few rounds at least even if he is getting tagged, so he will have time to try and land something heavy

Can't wait to see how it all plays out 

ps. If Conor was fighting a power puncher boxer like Canelo or GGG I think he would get flattened in a boxing match, Floyd's skill set is a much safer option, even if he is the best. 

52 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Obviously if Mayweather had been in his prime, it's doubtful Mcgreggor would have stood a chance.

Mayweather 44

MacGregor 33

I Agree about in his prime.

My thoughts are if he was a decent boxer at early stage (amateur) the boxing path would have earned him multiple times more money than MMA route.

20 minutes ago, Kman said:

has a very dangerous left hand 

He has a dangerous left hand because he's a south paw. That's his stronger punch,  the right hand is used to set up the left. Opposite for orthodox.

Manny Pacquiao was south paw..he got destroyed. Mayweather should be wise to that.

It's also easier for a south paw ( training wise ) because it's difficult to find decent south paw opponents to train against wear as most people are right handed so your % of opponents is higher. 

49 minutes ago, Markh said:

He has a dangerous left hand because he's a south paw. That's his stronger punch,  the right hand is used to set up the left. Opposite for orthodox.

Manny Pacquiao was south paw..he got destroyed. Mayweather should be wise to that.

Pac is a tiny man, didn't he start fighting at about 110lbs? and he has a 67 inch reach

He also probably had to come off his "supplements" to fight Floyd 

Skill matters, but so does size

10 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

says it all really

shame though, a fight like this, if genuine, would have done wonders for boxing's modern day image and appeal. it has been a bit boring recently, no real characters.

100% it's not going to be fixed

Archived