• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Hand poured

Fatmalky

Ok so I am new to silver collecting/stacking and to be honest posting on forums but here goes. 

I have a very small stack at the moment. I have been collecting for about a year but with just buying our first house and having our first ( only) child i don't have a great deal of disposable income. I would love to be able to buy 20 oz a month but as it is I am just scraping enough together to get about 2-4oz a month.  

I have purchased a few hand poured items from Silverstan and I have to say that they are some of my favourite pieces in my collection.  I have came to the conclusion that I prefer the hand poured silver to the coins and was wondering when it comes to liquidate your silver is the hand poured items harder to shift as they are not as recognised. 

I ask mostly because as I have said I don't have a great deal of cash and would rather pick up a nice piece of hand poured silver that a few cheap coins. I now I want get the most silver for my cash but I would have something nice to hold. All my silver will be going to my son so I want him to be able to sell it on if that's what he wants to do with it. 

Hi and welcome you should check out the lovely 100 g silver hand poured silver bars that backyard bullion is putting together there gunna be very nice i bought some of the 1oz one's he made there so nice the is a post next to this post all about them good luck with hunt lol

1 minute ago, Fatmalky said:

I did see them and they look amazing. I will be doing my best to get my hands on one at least. 

You won't go wrong with one m8 there gunna be so nice hallmark to. the 1oz bars are so nice 

@Fatmalky

So good to hear another hand poured enthusiast! It is amazing stuff and the fact that every piece is different is amazing.

As to selling it on the other side you need to remember that there is a premium on mine (and others) hand poured silver. It is a craft and not cheap bullion afterall.

Most of my pieces (with the exception of a few larger bars) are hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office which will really help down the line when you come to sell. No doubting the purity. If you took an un-hallmarked piece to a bullion exchange they would probably give you not a lot maybe even not at all. But as it is hallmarked you would easily get what you would for regular 999 coins. 

So if you fancy any of my pieces make sure to look for that hallmark if it is something you think will help with your stacking strategy!

The 100g bars will have hallmarks too which is great!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

51 minutes ago, Fatmalky said:

was wondering when it comes to liquidate your silver is the hand poured items harder to shift as they are not as recognised

You can always liquidate modestly sized silver bars.  Testing on smaller bars and coins is fairly easy nowadays, and if you have a working relationship with your lcs then it won't be a problem.  I personally have never purchased bars > 1kg and most I have are 10oz or less, mostly for this reason. 

If I was you (wish I had done this anyway) I'd pick up as many coins form the birth year of my children.    Especially lunars from Perth to Belarus and everything in between.    Because 5 years down the line they will be getting harder to get.    Not sure if @ChrisSIlver still has a Perth lunar proof available for the right year but that would be a cracking start

edit see they are series 1 thought they were series 2

17 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

If I was you (wish I had done this anyway) I'd pick up as many coins form the birth year of my children.    Especially lunars from Perth to Belarus and everything in between.    Because 5 years down the line they will be getting harder to get.    Not sure if @ChrisSIlver still has a Perth lunar proof available for the right year but that would be a cracking start

edit see they are series 1 thought they were series 2

It was one of the first coins I got. The wife also picked up the peter rabbit one that goes for silly prices now. ?

38 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

@Fatmalky

So good to hear another hand poured enthusiast! It is amazing stuff and the fact that every piece is different is amazing.

As to selling it on the other side you need to remember that there is a premium on mine (and others) hand poured silver. It is a craft and not cheap bullion afterall.

Most of my pieces (with the exception of a few larger bars) are hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office which will really help down the line when you come to sell. No doubting the purity. If you took an un-hallmarked piece to a bullion exchange they would probably give you not a lot maybe even not at all. But as it is hallmarked you would easily get what you would for regular 999 coins. 

So if you fancy any of my pieces make sure to look for that hallmark if it is something you think will help with your stacking strategy!

The 100g bars will have hallmarks too which is great!

Not going to lie I have been going through your shop picking out my next few purchases ?

2 minutes ago, Fatmalky said:

It was one of the first coins I got. The wife also picked up the peter rabbit one that goes for silly prices now. ?

Not going to lie I have been going through your shop picking out my next few purchases ?

Drop me a PM when you have decided as I can offer a 10% premium member discount for you assuming you buy off my website (I get charged 4.5% PayPal there!)

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived