• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Where are all the 2017 1/10 oz gold libertads

Pampfan

In reading all the posts in the mintages of the libertads - I ask the question - if over 300 to 400 of these coins have been released - why are none available anywhere, and even on eBay.  The 1/4 oz with only about 200 more minted are readily available?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The minted numbers going through the mints books are always greater than the released numbers. I think there is a good chance the released numbers are accurate.

The 1/10th is unbuyable anywhere. The 1/4 is pretty much sold out it seems and only being eeked out by supplier large price rises.

Drop feeding does happen as the dealers want to maximize allocations. Not many ever get sent to NGC of the gold BU coins and here is a reminder why..

2017-07-25 01.00.59_1.jpg

They come in jingly bags banging against each other. 70 is very rare for BU Libs.

Has anyone actually seen any 10ths being sold online? I suspect most have gone to known collectors on mailing lists.

I have a good collection of BU Libs and there seems to be more interest. This probably will be the last year of the current design.

Is anyone buying up Silver proofs cheaply via the German Dealers?

40 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

States sold out

Screenshot 2017-08-20 18.35.07.png

APMEX has never had the 1/10 oz for sale.  I signed up for the "Alert Me" after acquiring mine just to see if they'd get any in.

APMEX already has the 2018 Chinese Pandas up on their site with an Out of Stock "Alert Me" but that doesn't mean they've had them and they're sold out.

2018Panda.thumb.jpg.381f580de6952a5032660ebd3a71a0f6.jpg

I've yet to find one dealer (anywhere) that is selling or has sold the 1/10 oz BU Gold Libertad.  I do agree with the opinion that dealers may slowly trickle coins out to keep the hype and the price up but I feel confident in saying that they most likely don't have 1/10 oz in hand and they're just holding out altogether offering none for sale.  For full disclosure, I do own one of the 1/10 oz Gold BU Libertads so I have a vested interest in seeing the final mintage being lower.

2017Libertad2.jpg.9a28ac6ea30fd4298c39270f449b0539.jpg

If it's on their website then they've had it for sale, they wouldn't advertise something they're never going to get hold of. Where did [mention=378]Numistacker[/mention] buy his?

Here is how it works guys….

APMEX uses a lot of search engine optimization techniques. If you search for the 1/10 gold BU Libertad on Google+ the APMEX out of stock record will come up. Many searchers will visit the site and buy something that Apmex does have in stock.

They may have done this on purpose. They may have tried to place an order like many other dealers but the Mexican mint did not fulfill the order. Who knows the exact reason?

On 2017. 8. 21. at 02:09, Jester said:

APMEX has never had the 1/10 oz for sale.  I signed up for the "Alert Me" after acquiring mine just to see if they'd get any in.

APMEX already has the 2018 Chinese Pandas up on their site with an Out of Stock "Alert Me" but that doesn't mean they've had them and they're sold out.

2018Panda.thumb.jpg.381f580de6952a5032660ebd3a71a0f6.jpg

I've yet to find one dealer (anywhere) that is selling or has sold the 1/10 oz BU Gold Libertad.  I do agree with the opinion that dealers may slowly trickle coins out to keep the hype and the price up but I feel confident in saying that they most likely don't have 1/10 oz in hand and they're just holding out altogether offering none for sale.  For full disclosure, I do own one of the 1/10 oz Gold BU Libertads so I have a vested interest in seeing the final mintage being lower.

2017Libertad2.jpg.9a28ac6ea30fd4298c39270f449b0539.jpg

I will have to disappoint you Jester, because I received the 'alert me' email from APMEX and successfully made the purchase. They did have the 1/10 gold libertads in stock. 

IMG_3581.PNG

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum. 

Congratulations on your 1/10 Libertad. I'm hoping this time the mint stick to a low mintage unlike the shenanigans of 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming they don't mint any more it might be a bargain. The 2003 is the other 300 mintage year and Ritchie on eBay Frenchburntpeanuts has one for sale at much more. I don't think it's going to rocket but it's likely to hold value and be sought after.

7 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

And here are the official figures direct from the mint Seems there's more than Banco di Mexico trying to manipulate. Where does your figures come from Numi?.

Screenshot 2017-09-27 01.34.29.png

Au BU

1/1oz 903vs900

1/2oz 817vs700 +16%

1/4oz 561vs500 +12%

1/10oz 391vs300 +30%

1/20oz 1,078vs1,000 +8%

I suppose these are July/August figures. To me it looks rather like test run/production run/replacement minting after QC at this stage but your glass is always half empty. Doesn't 2018 production start now, not saying that technically they can't mint any 2017 anymore?

Archived