• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help saving on Ebay PM Purchases

Shoba

Hello,

Well I JUST ( as of last week ) started buying silver on Ebay. I haven't used my Ebay account in 3-4 years and feel like im out of the loop on finding savings or using all savings resources. I just started Ebucks, but looking for other ways to obtain savings. Can anyone help and/or lead me in the right direction! I see people always getting " points " or " 1-10% " off purchases. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks - Kyle

One tactic is to look for sellers of multiple silver items who charge postage individually.

Anyone willing to buy bulk off that seller has an advantage over single item bidders in that you can (almost always) combine postage fees into one fee or a slightly more costly insured post fee. So you can bid higher than spot, inc postage, on separate items which is where many bidders could pull out of the race. There's a risk you'll end up only winning one item, so I tend to bid on them all as if I'm only buying that one item and when I win one, then I can increase bids on the rest knowing I've locked in postage savings.

Always check the seller combines! Then you have it in writing on your ebay's messages.

We don't get Ebucks in the UK, or silver at the rock bottom prices it is in the US, they slap 20% tax on it here.  Having said this I think I have got a few bargains on Ebay but it's always a case of biding time and continually checking and waiting, every evening I type MS70 silver into the search box and occasionally I will find something that I consider to be under the going rate sometimes on Buy it Now and sometimes on auctions, with the auctions I set a limit and if it goes over it I just forget it.

I tend just to go for slabbed coins, avoid generic pictures and always check the numbers on the website and tend not to bother so much just with ordinary bullion coins as there are too many fakes and plated items out there, the only exception would be if the seller had excellent feedback of selling metal.

You're not gonna find cheap silver on E-bay.

The fantasy that there's silver easy to scoop at below-spot about as far removed from the reality as you can get: overpriced with the likeihood of fakes x100 higher than more reputable channels.

• 6 months later...
On 20/08/2017 at 16:51, reidpj said:

I use a sniping tool (Bidmate.co.uk - others available) for eBay bidding.  It allows me to place 'last minute' (10-20 seconds) bids automatically; even while I'm 'gardening' ???

Hi mate ive been looking for something like this because I wondered how i kept losing bets. Do you still use this site and is it free? Good to use?

On 24/08/2017 at 21:02, Shoba said:

@Murdoch89 thanks for the info but unfortunately I am in the US so assuming I dont qualify for nectar pts

If your in the US and your looking for cheap silver deals try https://sdbullion.com/ they have silver rounds for a little as $0.37 over spot. I wished I lived in the US at these prices ?

5 hours ago, JCRJM said:

Hi mate ive been looking for something like this because I wondered how i kept losing bets. Do you still use this site and is it free? Good to use?

Yes, I still use it - but haven’t for a month or so (I tend not to bid on auctions nowadays as I’ve giving up on buying coins on eBay).

You get 4 free ‘Snipes’ per week, with the option to purchase more - if you notice that the auction in question gains subsequent bids above the maximum you place on your snipe; you are able to cancel your bid on Bidmate, thereby saving your free snipe to use in the future.  The free snipes do not accumulate week to week - it’s use ‘em or lose ‘em.

Archived