• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Rwanda - New Series "Nautical Ounce"

muenzdachs

1 hour ago, sovereignsteve said:

It's a good question. I've often wondered about these African coins that come in plastic blisters. people generally prefer OMP but they just seem to be PVC so in theory not safe to store silver in long term.

3 hours ago, silverking1 said:

the rwandan nautical bu coins come in a blister pack, would you keep them in the blister?, i was thinking they may tarnish, would i lose any value  if i put them in capsules.

Yes, it is a good question, and well worth asking, especially as there are now lots of new collectors coming on board for the Rwanda's with the new nautical and lunar ranges. This has come up from time to time over the years with the African ounce (wildlife). General consensus from the longer running Rwanda African ounce is they are preferred left intact in the blisters. In fact, collector premium can be that bit better if they are. There is even a collector box made with cut-outs specifically to take the shape of the blisters, for example. But don't worry, if you have removed in preference for capsules you haven't destroyed their future appeal.

Two things to bear in mind;

As someone who had the African ounce ones for several years in their blisters, all i can say is that mine are as good as the day they were minted. No affect from the blisters. So at the very least, what you might consider doing is to leave well enough alone ..... for now. There is no immediate concern or reason to start cutting open all your blisters due to tarnishing fears, only to maybe regret doing so later. Kept in correct conditions i see no reason why you shouldn't be able to relax for many years to come.

All the Rwanda Bu ranges are now unlimited mintage, minted to meet demands. Given that upward trend in popularity, future buyers will edge toward buying good examples of those still in the original blisters rather than those a percentage of owners would have put into capsules. Simply because there will be a lot of them out there to choose from, and collectors always like original conditions. Whereas the early African ounce issues were not minted in high numbers (the first number of years mintage of the Bu was 5k and 10k). This has meant that premiums have not differed greatly one way or the other. Collectors hunting them down today are happy to find one in its blister, but aren't put off if it was removed because the availability doesn't always give them the luxury of being fussy. This won't be the case with todays Nauticals and Lunars in the future, though.

Edited by swAgger

9 hours ago, silverking1 said:

Thanks for the replys guys, i will keep them in the blisters, although i don't think you can see the coin at its best in the blister,(i will put just one in a capsule to display.) i see atkinsons bullion have them in stock now at £35 if you just buy one!

For being able to see decently is why I sent one to Numistacker for stabbing for my own collection. Next batch I'm sending has the proof. Can't afford the gold so just going silver which are just as beautiful. Figure slabbing the same on next one they bring out.

• 5 months later...

Fine looking series, this. Must say i am liking the more realistic launch premium on these Nauticals too. I see the premium for the new Nautical is just over €6, on GS. Traditionally, the Rwanda's have always tended to carry around a €10 premium.

Edit: hope that becomes the new bracket for all Rwanda's from now on

Edited by swAgger

www.muenzdachs.de has them listed.  He does ship outside of Germany even if his site does not allow it.  He can be contacted either through his site or via this forum.

53 minutes ago, morezone said:

www.muenzdachs.de has them listed.  He does ship outside of Germany even if his site does not allow it.  He can be contacted either through his site or via this forum.

Out of stock....Edit: but possibly not? One page has it out of stock, but listing page has it in stock. Worth checking alright.

Auragentum still have some.

Edited by swAgger

I meant normal price around 76 eur like Santa Maria which I bought.

On 4/18/2018 at 16:24, gladiq said:

Where ?

On 4/18/2018 at 16:31, Silvergun said:

Pre ordered 2 yesterday from  dios111-preciouscoins for £68.54 each delivered

Be careful with dios. I ordered over $5K US dollars of coins with him (insured) and never got them or my money back. True story