• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Member + Where you buy your silver

CurryMuncher69

Has anyone got silver from Silver to go.com and have received it VAT FREE with delivery? I am looking to spend around £700-£1000 per month on silver, and gold. looking to get the most silver for my money.

What Type of Silver is good for investment and saving purposes? I AM NOT A COLLECTOR ! NO NUMISMATIC COINS, THEY DO NOT INTEREST ME 

I have attached a Excel Sheet Please have a look on my silver information!.

I never knew there was a silver forum based in the UK, Just got your website now from Silverfish VT! 

March 2014.xlsx

Welcome to the forum mate.

There was no forum until just over a week ago thanks to Chris. A few of us were talking about it on another site based in Australia and Chris kindly set up thesilverforum.

If you want as much bang for your buck go for big bars. Gold can be found for about 3% over spot in some places.

However I do not mind paying the small premium for the 1 oz coins or bars. I like having silver in 1, 5, 10 oz variants, bars or coins. However anything above 10 oz I prefer Bars. So I think I just validated my Silver stack. Anything below 10 oz will be coins and bars, anything 10 oz or above will be strictly bars, unless I get a good deal on a 1kg perth mint coin :) . I am really tempted to buy from silver to go .com but how do they get around paying the VAT, and would I pay it IF I ordered around £1000. I do not want to order that much and end up having to pay another £200 upon delivery. 

No additional tax charges as they are in the EU.

You may be charged a different currency transaction by your bank so you need to check that.

Have a look at the recommended suppliers thread, there are quite a few abroad like STG.

Stacker since 2013

Ah, they have been talking about setting up a UK account recently, I didn't realise they had done it.

In which case, knock yourself out. Go for that cheap silver.

Looking to get 21 Libertad Coins, and 21 Philharmonic Coins, 42 Oz for the price of £660, INC delivery. However IF I get hit with that 20 Percent VAT charge it will go to £800. Can anyone atleast confirm they have recieved there silver from STG without the VAT charge?

Has anyone got silver from Silver to go.com and have received it VAT FREE with delivery? I am looking to spend around £700-£1000 per month on silver, and gold. looking to get the most silver for my money.

What Type of Silver is good for investment and saving purposes? I AM NOT A COLLECTOR ! NO NUMISMATIC COINS, THEY DO NOT INTEREST ME 

I have attached a Excel Sheet Please have a look on my silver information!.

I never knew there was a silver forum based in the UK, Just got your website now from Silverfish VT! 

Yes - the price of the goods in your basket is what you pay, no hidden add-ons or additional VAT.

You can pay STG in Euros or Pounds Sterling and they will advise which account to make the transfer.

They ship by UPS and from Germany that is about 3 days door to door with full tracking.

Found them great and will definitely recommend.

Good luck stacking.

I just read that silver to go has a UK account? and accepts GBP. So why would the bank charge? I am with lloyds, if that helps I do not know the charge rate

Check the small print for bank foreign transfers as sending sterling might cost more than sending Euros.

I bank with NatWest and was charged £22 for a sterling standard transfer compared to £10 for a Euro transfer.

There is another catch sending Euros - your bank might use a poorer conversion rate than STG so do your sums.

Within the EU, you pay the VAT in the country of purchase, not the country of receipt.

Whatever your checkout price at STG is, is what you pay.

It's not getting round the VAT, and customs are not interested unless it is restricted items, which it's not.

Shop outside the EU, you will be liable for VAT on delivery.

Stacker since 2013

Looks like I will be purchasing from STG, thanks pete. however how do they get around the VAT? and how does customs not know this?

They don't get around the VAT.

On some coins you will see German VAT at 19% and on others a differential VAT.

Don't worry about that.

As STG are invoicing you VAT irrespective of the rate, the beauty of being in the EU is that once VAT has been charged the goods can move freely without additional charges.

UK customs are not going to surcharge.

Hello Guys,

I too have been looking at STG - but may hold off until they have a UK account in which a normal online sterling transfer can be made - without charge.

Please let us know if anyone receives knowledge of this set-up - as they do appear to offer very good prices. As any purchase I may make may be relatively small initially e.g. £200 - £300 perhaps monthly, I don't want the price advantage to be wiped out by delivery and bank charges.

I must ask how do you check that the coins/bars are real silver without using chemicals? I know 2 methods but they are not fool-proof.

• Founder & Administrator

Hello Guys,

I too have been looking at STG - but may hold off until they have a UK account in which a normal online sterling transfer can be made - without charge.

Please let us know if anyone receives knowledge of this set-up - as they do appear to offer very good prices. As any purchase I may make may be relatively small initially e.g. £200 - £300 perhaps monthly, I don't want the price advantage to be wiped out by delivery and bank charges.

I must ask how do you check that the coins/bars are real silver without using chemicals? I know 2 methods but they are not fool-proof.

Check my post on this thread: http://thesilverforum.com/topic/176-silver-to-go/ to abbreviate stephan from Silver To Go will help you out and let you use their sister companies UK bank account for sending payment, you just need to email him.

To check if silver is real, you can measure it's density using an ultrasonic.

You can also measure it's weight, diameter and depth and all the measurements should match up.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Anyone considered 'Currencyfair.com'  they supposedly give a better exchange rate than most banks leaving you with a much much lower premium apparently. 

Never used them myself but the idea seems sound. 

I use them all the time for 90% of foreign purchases,can't fault them,any problems you can speak directly to an intelligent human being unlike a UK bank :lol:

see my pinned post in international section.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

• Founder & Administrator

I have an account with hifx.com though I have never used it, comparing rates and fees currencyfair.com seems like a much better option.

I tam going to open an account to use for all my purchases in EUR from Germany / the occasional Australian purchase.

Thanks for the recommendation 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived