• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Isle of man 2oz piedfort proof Angel

Silverstackeruk

The obverse looks like a mashup of QEII and Ronald Reagan. It would be a pass for me. Is this the first Isle of Man coin not minted by Pobjoy? 

That said, I am completely smitten with the older Isle of Man Platinum Nobles that has the younger, more true to life portrait of QEII and the Viking ship on the reverse.

4 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

The queen seems to be looking in a very awkward position

Agreed... There's something weird about how the Queen looks. It's almost as if she's just smelled something funny, or someones come into the room and she's not happy about it :D. 

The reverse is nice though!

7 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I'm guessing if these are such high relief they will be very difficult to stack and also find a capsule for, St Michael seems as though he'd actually be higher than the rim of the coin

This isn't a bullion coin and at the likely price of these (€180) you won't be stacking them....

7 hours ago, Jay2 said:

It looks much sharper in gold, but that could be lighting. Is the gold one frosted?

What will one of these likely cost upon release?

No, it's a standard proof coin. CIT rarely release anything but actual coin images, but this is one of those rare cases when they released renders instead. These minigold coins usually go for £55-60.

7 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

At that price i wouldn't be buying one either.

I'd expect to see bullion coins later, but not from CIT who deal with higher-end commemoratives. Tower Mint are striking circulating  coins for the Isle of Man and they may well be the ones dealing with bullion, but it won't be CIT.

Just now, shortstack68 said:

Also, just watched the little video above, when the coin is turning the queen seems to have a manly face at one point, or is it just me when you look at the mouth area?

Screenshot 2017-08-16 11.03.34.png

I saw that too! The surrealistic mirror finish reflects the high relief in a frankly creepy way.

How much is that 2oz silver gonna cost by the way?

6 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Also, just watched the little video above, when the coin is turning the queen seems to have a manly face at one point, or is it just me when you look at the mouth area?

I think they've made her look less manly ?

queen_2775986b.jpg

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

I told you guys earlier in the thread...Ronald Reagan. Look at the jowls and mouth. Am I right or am I right?reagan_flags.thumb.jpg.186f4c3dc0030737dc5c00123cf39b41.jpg

Archived