• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Libertad 2017 mintages?

Lindeman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speculation = increased sales. And the more "we" talk about it and how "low" the mintage might be the more demand is created. Unfortunately the stock market responds similarly... All depends on what side you are on... If your already "in" with a purchase you love to watch the prices skyrocket! And if your "out" and haven't purchased your waiting and kicking yourself...

It's "hype" at the moment until we know for sure what the mintage numbers really are come December 2017... The Silver swans were the same way but we knew the limited mintage up front. The large dealers are price gouging and taking advantage of the hype and late comers...

For those serious libertad collectors, it is well know that mintages vary wildly throughout the years and are never announced in advance. That has been the joy of these coins but now it seems this mint has been experiencing a bit more love in the last couple of years.

The Mexican Mint has always done it this way and as I said, they have never changed their system of unpredictability. Newbies and speculators will be confused by this.

5 minutes ago, Oldun said:

For those serious libertad collectors, it is well know that mintages vary wildly throughout the years and are never announced in advance. That has been the joy of these coins but now it seems this mint has been experiencing a bit more love in the last couple of years.

The Mexican Mint has always done it this way and as I said, they have never changed their system of unpredictability. Newbies and speculators will be confused by this.

Very true, but for me the Libertads are one of my favorites. They look very nice and they seem to have a much bigger collectors base then a lot of peoples think. Very jealous on your Libertad 2017 7 coin proof set by the way. I thought they still had to release them... (shame) 

7 minutes ago, PolarPanda said:

Very true, but for me the Libertads are one of my favorites. They look very nice and they seem to have a much bigger collectors base then a lot of peoples think. Very jealous on your Libertad 2017 7 coin proof set by the way. I thought they still had to release them... (shame) 

There is a large and growing Libertad following. The mint have released more coins in 2016 than before and it will be interesting to see what happens this year. I am a big fan of gold libertads that are one of the most beautiful coins around. They say the design will change next year and this will give Libertad collecting a big shot n the arm.

Just now, Numistacker said:

There is a large and growing Libertad following. The mint have released more coins in 2016 than before and it will be interesting to see what happens this year. I am a big fan of gold libertads that are one of the most beautiful coins around. They say the design will change next year and this will give Libertad collecting a big shot n the arm.

So what do you say about the 1/20 OZ @Numistacker? Buy it? I pulled the trigger on the 1/4 OZ, but still have doubts about the 1/20... 

Just now, PolarPanda said:

So what do you say about the 1/20 OZ @Numistacker? Buy it? I pulled the trigger on the 1/4 OZ, but still have doubts about the 1/20... 

I have about a dozen 1/20th oz but the slabbing cost relative is large compared to the 1/4oz. I would choose the 1/4oz myself but the 1/20th is still a nice coin with a mintage of 1000 so not bad given the worldwide following.

2 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have about a dozen 1/20th oz but the slabbing cost relative is large compared to the 1/4oz. I would choose the 1/4oz myself but the 1/20th is still a nice coin with a mintage of 1000 so not bad given the worldwide following.

Thank you! I putted the 1/20 OZ also in order at GS.be. Now the quest for the 1/10 continues... -_- 

5 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Prefer the bigger sizes of 1/4oz and upwards regardless of which mint or coin

Got to agree with you there @shortstack68 - the 1/20th of any gold coin is really getting too small for me ! Sure - it will hold its value based on it being a gold Libertad ...but they are a pesky small size to see the detail on.  

10 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Is that the amount they mint month by month, then tally them up in December? If it is they must be on a go slow.

4 hours ago, mongo28 said:
11 hours ago, muenzdachs said:
The mintage is confirmed

1/20 - 1,000
1/10 - 300
1/4  - 500
1/2 - 700
1 - 900

If true these numbers don't seem to make sense... (But a lot of things dont).

If those figures are correct then I wonder why apmex has gouged the price of the 1 oz but not so much the 1/2 oz. Currently two 1/2 oz coins costs less than a 1 oz.

1 hour ago, calabai said:

If those figures are correct then I wonder why apmex has gouged the price of the 1 oz but not so much the 1/2 oz. Currently two 1/2 oz coins costs less than a 1 oz.

This has certainly been a lively start to the 2017 BU Libertads that's for sure!  It'll be interesting when the well has dried up from the dealers to see how high these coins climb on the secondary market.

Archived