• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2017 Full British Sovereign - India Mint

whitesands1

I feel it is really important to record when something goes really well - way beyond your expectations.   We can often get disappointments and sometimes become happy with "average" and tolerant to "poor" levels of service and quality of products.

@Numistacker posted a fantastic video of a great coin - The 2017 British Sovereign minted under license for the Royal Mint in India with an "I" mintmark.  I don't study coins like others on the Forum but I look for something a bit different. 

We are all to greater or lesser extents bargain hunters so when you see something that it not too much more than the price of the metal content, is unusual and has caught the eye of Forum members then excitement levels start to heighten. 

Then you spot the £10 discount code for a new customer and before you know it the email confirming your order is in your inbox!

Fast forward 24 hours and you have a Royal Mail Special Delivery package in your hand, exactly like you see on the video and you cannot fail to be impressed by the care and attention taken of the packaging.  For my personal experience, you come back down to earth quickly as you think; "This is too good to be true" and then; "Calm down dear, it's only a bullion coin, it must have nicks, dents and scratches" but no, the coins are in lovely condition, they have great definition and you cannot fail to be impressed by the effort that has been made in pre-sales marketing, production, inspection, shipping, sale, payment processing, email order confirmation and then packaging and insured delivery - a lot of elements to get right on a low premium coin.

So usually in the buying process the story would end here, although there are sometimes a lot of frogs kissed that don't make the Forum because, no one really likes to moan, we are all used to problem coins, sometimes we are embarrassed and sometimes you just can't be bothered with the anxiety of dealing with it any further.

But no, this happy story does not end here......................

Fast forward another 48 hours in the real world and there is a further positive development in the coin world!

A call from Brandon, representing UK Bullion.  An exceptionally polite young man asked me if I had received the package in good order.  He explained his top priority was to make sure that customers were happy with their coins.  We got into conversation and it quickly became very evident that he and UK Bullion really understood the needs of the customers.  He asked me if I would feedback on Trust Pilot, which I agreed to do.  There was a further surprise as part of the process - I will not spoil it for Forum members with orders from UK Bullion, but I felt like I was a valued customer - although this must be a small order for such a big company.

So from me UK Bullion achieves my very highest recommendation, from first impressions, through fulfilment, to lasting impressions I really cannot find any room for improvement.

Apologies for the long post, but when a firm goes to these lengths to make you happy then I think this sets a really good standard for Forum members' expectations for buying coins in the future.

india.jpg

"Then you spot the £10 discount code for a new customer and before you know it the email confirming your order is in your inbox!"

Fuq, I didn't see the £10 discount code?! lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

"Then you spot the £10 discount code for a new customer and before you know it the email confirming your order is in your inbox!"

Fuq, I didn't see the £10 discount code?! lol 

Should have gone to Specsavers!  LOL.

It was for orders over £500 - I was only going to order one so it worked on getting a bigger order from me!

2 minutes ago, whitesands1 said:

Should have gone to Specsavers!  LOL.

It was for orders over £500 - I was only going to order one so it worked on getting a bigger order from me!

Ohhh! ok, that's not so bad then as I only bought one, didn't like to think I missed a trick :D

I haven't received a call from them, but id be happy to place a trust pilot review for this special surprise :ph34r:

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I was very impressed with UK Bullion and love the coins, but I first bought one and then phoned up to order a second on top a few minutes later...I got the cheaper price on the second but no offer of the discount code for new customers.

I may have been unlucky with the person I spoke to, but I did explain it was my first order from them and nope - no mention of that discount (I would have saved around £13 on the two if they'd applied that as well). So, not perfect for me.

Having said that, apart from that it was a flawless purchase, super delivery, so credit where it's due, and I fully applaud this thread highlighting a good company I was otherwise unaware of, I'll certainly use them again with confidence :)

Archived