• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Bottle Cap Shaped Coin

morezone

23 minutes ago, Hobbot said:

First off, I will disclose that I work for ModernCoinMart.  I stumbled across this topic and your frustration in not getting more information available about it.  Thanks for your patience in awaiting a reply.  I am posting here to help provide the answer.

The coin is being released exclusively through ModernCoinMart and Govmint.com.  We are initially taking pre-orders exclusively through the MCM eBay store as of today.  The packaging alone is worthy of collectible status, but this Figi coin is really a beautifully designed piece by one of the most recognizable brands in the world.

We'd love to hear your feedback about this coin. Check it out, and share your thoughts in thesilverforum.com and with our customer service 1-800-362-9004 .  We love feedback and we listen to you.

@Hobbot how much would shipping be to UK on combined shipping of say 10 of these. Would I have to pay X10 separate shipping costs or one combined shipping costs. Thanks

PS what is mintage

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedInShare on other services

Legal Tender Coin, Shaped Like a Coca-Cola Bottle Cap, Available for Early Sale on eBay

Press Release

Made with new automated minting technology, the coin will be available to eBay’s 168 Million Active Buyers.

coca-cola-ebay-banner-1536-9241.jpg

This holiday season, ModernCoinMart, in cooperation with S&A Partners – The Official Coca-Cola Licensee for Collectible Coins – is releasing a one-of-a-kind legal tender coin shaped like a Coca-Cola bottle cap, for early sale exclusively on eBay. This unique legal tender coin will be sold through the longtime eBay seller, ModernCoinMart (MCM).

The 2018 Coca-Cola Bottle Cap 6 Gram Silver Colorized Proof Coin is officially licensed by Coca-Cola and is available in original packaging at a fixed-price of $29.95. NGC and PCGS-graded versions of the coin that will also include original packaging will be available at a later date for $79.95. Each coin comprises 6 grams of .999 fine silver, made with new automated minting technology, in brilliant proof quality with colorized digital printing. The coin will be available for global shipping through eBay, with fast and free shipping for purchases in the United States.

“We are proud to be working with a popular brand like Coca-Cola to introduce this incredible collector’s item,” said Hayden Tubbs, Product Development Manager of ModernCoinMart. “With Coca-Cola bottle caps being so easily recognizable, we believe these $1 silver coins will be enjoyed by fans of all ages around the globe.”

“At eBay, we’re committed to providing our millions of buyers with unique and exclusive inventory,” said Sam Bright, Senior Director of Art & Collectibles at eBay. “Coca-Cola is an iconic brand, and we are thrilled to offer our millions of shoppers the opportunity to own or gift this this one-of-a-kind coin this holiday season.”

Coca-Cola & eBay Stats:

• There are currently over 100,000 live listings for Coca-Cola related items

• eBay has over 1M live listings for coins

• Most expensive Coca-Cola item ever sold: Share a Coke with the Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company -- $19,112 in 2015

• Most expensive Coca-Cola items sold (multiple quantities):  Coca-Cola Retro 1930’s Red Refrigerator Coke Machine Fridge Cooler Ice Box – sold 21 items for $17,220

4 hours ago, Markh said:

@Hobbot how much would shipping be to UK on combined shipping of say 10 of these. Would I have to pay X10 separate shipping costs or one combined shipping costs. Thanks

PS what is mintage

@Markh the international shipping policy is listed on this page.  I think that may help answer the combined order question.

All I know for this challenging bottle cap design, is production is limited.  I'll share more when I find out.

9 hours ago, Hobbot said:

First off, I will disclose that I work for ModernCoinMart.  I stumbled across this topic and your frustration in not getting more information available about it.  Thanks for your patience in awaiting a reply.  I am posting here to help provide the answer.

The coin is being released exclusively through ModernCoinMart and Govmint.com.  We are initially taking pre-orders exclusively through the MCM eBay store as of today.  The packaging alone is worthy of collectible status, but this Figi coin is really a beautifully designed piece by one of the most recognizable brands in the world.

We'd love to hear your feedback about this coin. Check it out, and share your thoughts in thesilverforum.com and with our customer service 1-800-362-9004 .  We love feedback and we listen to you.

Hi Hobbot

Welcome to the forum

What are the mintage on those caps?

7 minutes ago, Agpanda said:

Hi Hobbot

Welcome to the forum

What are the mintage on those caps?

I clicked on the buy it now on eBay to work out how much shipping would be and it said 4100 still available add this to one's that have been purchased already 400ish look like mintage is somewhere around 4500- 5000.i don't think it is on sale anywhere else. This is just my uneducated guess though. 

I'll be trying to pick one up at some point.  Going to wait and see if any EU dealers stock it since a few did stock the Spider-Man Govmint/MCM exclusive coins.

On 10, it's around $440.  Take 1.3 as exchange rate and then add 20% VAT for UK and £12 customs clearance and it takes it to ~£42/pc.

Could do with out the VAT and customs clearance fee so just got to hold out and wait now and hope the price doesn't start creeping up as stock depletes.

@Hobbot hello, not usually my type of thing but i do like this a lot. It's a very fun piece, and iconic. The 25,000 mintage is very high but i can appreciate this has meant it can be offered at lower cost (in OGP anyway) helping it to be picked up as a nicely boxed no-risk novelty piece. That said, though, as you are marketing it to the coin collector and not just the coca-cola memorabilia buyers, and you are also claiming it Proof, i'm hoping you can answer the following 'collector' questions i have;

this being a 6g Proof - with that colour, shape and delicate rim this will have (the smallest of marks will stand out like a beacon on that rim and on the red field) - what concerns me is the 'Proof' piece itself protected in some form of capsule by the mint, or just cushioned inside the ogp tin (needing gloves to pick it up and examine/turn over)? The description just obscurely refers to what third parties haven't done, but i just want to know what have you or the mint done to protect the piece. " It has not been graded or encapsulated by a third-party service. It is still protected by its original packaging. In this case, that includes a box with a Coca-Cola design and a bottle cap shaped tin."  Does this mean neither the mint or you are providing it encapsulated within the OGP, either?

And lastly, is there a COA? Again, no reference to one.

Thanks!

@Markh  Thanks, maybe delicate isn't the right word. I guess what i meant is it's got the kind of features making it more prone to the slightest of damage. A vibrant red on one side, then all those perfectly formed indents with such a thin edge on a silver piece..... asking for problems if it isn't encased, in my opinion. That's just the exacting collector in me talking (it's hard to shut him up!) Maybe i can bring myself to just get it as the novelty piece it is and not think or expect any more from it for $30. :unsure::Dbut dammit they're calling it proof!

I am sure there will be plenty who will handle it without a second thought, like the video of the Bavarian one you saw. Personally i have to look away when i see proof coins being handled un-necessarily. If everyone in the line does it, from the guys in the mint to the guys at places who pick through looking for the likely 70 grades, to the first owner and maybe one or two further owners... it just takes one of them to be a little careless.

19 hours ago, swAgger said:

this being a 6g Proof - with that colour, shape and delicate rim this will have (the smallest of marks will stand out like a beacon on that rim and on the red field) - what concerns me is the 'Proof' piece itself protected in some form of capsule by the mint, or just cushioned inside the ogp tin (needing gloves to pick it up and examine/turn over)?

@swAggerThis coin is very solid and can be handled as a proof coin without worries of damage. It sounds like you are well aware of special considerations to handle proofs, and our shared passion regarding quality handling is a significant reason that ModernCoinMart is the trusted distributor of such unique coins as this. 

Archived