• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Goldsilver.be blues, part 2

Against my instinct I decided to give Goldsilver.be a second chance and fired an order for 40 oz silver. Waited 24 hours since Transferwise gave me a confirmation that the money was in the recipient's account. Nothing. Sent an email to info@goldsilver.be with a screenshot of the transaction. Nothing! 

So it was almost 7pm (8pm in Belgium) and I decided to call them. Not expecting to find anybody, David from GS picked up the phone. Nice chap. He insisted that they did not receive the money. I insisted that they must have received it. I said: look at  the screenshot I sent you yesterday. He said : a screenshot means nothing to me. Do you know how many scammers send us screenshots of money they never sent? 

He said they have an automated system to check if payments have arrived. So I ask him to check on their bank account manually. Et voilà, my transfer has been found! 

So I ask him : how come this cock up twice in a row? He says: our automated system sometimes does not recognise payments. 

Well, not very good, is it?  

I don't really know what to think now. Apparently I'm the only one having such a problem with them. If this is the case, I'd like to know what I did wrong. I surely put all details right, otherwise David wouldn't have found my transfer. 

Any suggestions as usual will be appreciated. 

What is it with Germans and appalling customer service?  GS.be always seem to fall back on the 'scammer' retort... makes me think they have some real insecurities around their processes.

Sorry that you've have another poor experience :(

2 hours ago, Clens92 said:

What is it with Germans and appalling customer service?  GS.be always seem to fall back on the 'scammer' retort... makes me think they have some real insecurities around their processes.

Sorry that you've have another poor experience :(

Gold silver.be is Beiguim in origin, hence the be. Sentiment in continental customer service holds true all the. Same. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, shortstack68 said:

I think your lack of patience could be part of the problem, after 24hrs you want a confirmation from the likely 1000 orders they have per day, i think you need to be giving them at least 48-72hrs for their banking system to update and get through the orders they've received before getting on the phone personally

It was David himself who told me it's better to email them if I receive no confirmation within 24 hours. And all in all it was 72 hours when I decided to ring them and still they insisted the money had not arrived. So, timing is not the issue. And then last month it took them a whole week and several emails. 

Either one believes them, in which case they have a defective software, or they're  talking absolute tripe. Either way they are not very proactive in troubleshooting. 

Edit: third option : Transferwise mangles the reference code so it doesn't match the original one. 

1-2 day processing the order from the time you make the payment is perfectly normal. 

With all due respect, you sound like the sort of impertinent nightmare customer that picks apart everything in order to find a reason to complain. Chill out. Your order will be processed. If you are desperate for immediate delivery then best you drive down to your LCS rather than ordering online.

i have ordered from goldsilver.be before. i recently ordered some more coins. They sent me an email on 2nd August 2017 to say the package was being shipped, they included a tracking number. This is the status - the parcel has sat in the Belgium postal service for 8 days. i do not remember other parcels taking so long.

bpost has received your parcel and will send it to the country of destination.
Date Time Status Location
03/08/2017 00:50 Item information registered manually   
02/08/2017 20:21 Your item has been sorted  NEW CHARLEROI X
02/08/2017 14:41 Confirmation of preparation of the shipment received 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Since the last time I called them the status of the order has been stuck at "processing". David of gs.be told me the package was going to be sent Wednesday but apparently not so. 

I understand there are forum members here who are have taken Goldsilver.be's side and blame us buyers for our moans and complaints, but if you had spent 10k or so in 12 months only on one dealer, you'd expect the latter at least to be communicative and informative about their delays. 

I wonder if there are any French speakers who can translate Goldsilver.be terms and conditions so that we know where we stand. 

https://goldsilver.be/en/content/3-conditions-generales-de-ventes

There have been developments with regards to this order.

I've thought long and hard whether to post an update. I believe my feedback is not always welcome. An established forum member labelled me as "an impertinent nightmare". 

Maybe I'm naive, but I have used 'tinternet for 25 years and I belong to that school of thought for which  all feedback is good, whether bad or good. 

I owe it to to the lurkers who, like me, trawl across the net looking for precious information before firing an order, and consequently parting ways with their hard earned savings.

So, back to topic, there have been developments. Let's start with the positives.

- The shipment has arrived, even earlier than expected (more on this later). The Philarmoniker are there, safe and sound and shiny. 
 - I have received, among other, even an email of apologies from GS. GS don't do sorry easily, so credit when it's due to them.

Now, logic dictates that when there is an apology there is an admission of fault. And that's where the negatives start.

I've had an exchange of emails with GS I'd categorise as either brutally honest, or honestly brutal or unnecessarily brutal. From this correspondence I've gathered precious information about their business model. I now connect the dots and I believe somebody told me more that they should have. Hence the apologies, hence the super expedited shipping (a gesture of reparation?).

I was tempted to copy and paste the whole correspondence, albeit concealing names, but I won't do that, and not just out of politeness. I don't want to expose either myself or the owner of this site to litigation or negative attention.

So I have decided that if anybody is genuinely interested, they can PM me, provided they attach a legal disclaimer, promising they will not republish the content of my correspondence and exonerating me and this site from any responsibility, and I'll give them a copy of my correspondence.

Suffice to say I will stop ordering from Goldsilver.be until there's either a change in management or practices. 

Apologies to those who think I'm just a moaner and a difficult buyer. I acknowledge, though, that I'm a fighter and I like to stand up for my rights and don't take no for an answer.

If then either admin or more forum members think my feedback is not appreciated, I'll have no problems stopping contributing and  moving on to other pastures.

Have a nice weekend!

@savoyardYou're not the only one. I've ordered 4 times now from goldsilver.be using TransferWise and 3 of those times they didn't automatically detect the payment, presumably due to TransferWise being a middle man so to speak. I waited over a week the first time only for them to cancel the order due to them not detecting the funds, they honoured the order despite spot having shot up a bit. What I do now is; as soon as I've received it I forward them the TransferWise transaction confirmation email, this seems to have rectified the problem for me. I really appreciate you sharing your experience, I was a bit more relaxed about it but if I'd have spent the kind of money you did then I'd have been much more concerned! I too was a bit of a long time lurker who'd signed up to share a couple of bad experiences which were immediately dismissed by a few established forum members, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just carry on as you are fella if you want to post post the more info people have on positives and negative from sellers the better. Some people on here swear by this company but there's been numerous negatives as well I say good on you.the insult you got was probably uncalled for but where ever you go there will always be people that don't care or that are unaware that things they say and how they put them can offend people. No matter what keep stacking

On 12/08/2017 at 18:45, savoyard said:

I've had an exchange of emails with GS I'd categorise as either brutally honest, or honestly brutal or unnecessarily brutal. From this correspondence I've gathered precious information about their business model. I now connect the dots and I believe somebody told me more that they should have.

If then either admin or more forum members think my feedback is not appreciated

Personally I have no problem with you posting negatives about any company, so long as you can back it up with relevant experience.

If you can back up any statement with hard evidence, what's the problem posting anything you have regarding this company? I for one would appreciate knowing everything regarding fellow forumite's  experiences; it all helps future buying decisions.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Archived