• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

1 minute ago, Xander said:

I know how you feel. My wife came home yesterday with a Hermes Paris bag and purse to match, said she got it at a car- boot sale for £6, I'm still masticating on whether to believe her or not.

Women have expensive tastes, the price she quoted was not correct. More like £60

Just now, Xander said:

Oh, good, I'll tell her just to get another one, I'm always getting it wrong...poor woman.

I think their base price starts at £4k, vintage will cost a lot more, but to keep your beating heart from popping out your chest, there are a lot of fakes of these

12 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Lmfao, Hermes bag for £6/£60, vintage :lol: Try £6k without the purse

This...my wife is no longer interested in her $1,400 Louis Vuitton purse...now she's showing me the Chanel Caviar Quilted Jumbo Double Flap Black Handbag...$5,500 :blink:.  The Hermes, forget about it.  Those things are crazy stupid expensive (even used or as the ladies like to say, "gently loved").

Just now, shortstack68 said:

I think their base price starts at £4k, vintage will cost a lot more, but to keep your beating heart from popping out your chest, there are a lot of fakes of these

Your joking, it's got to be fake. What do you think?

20170806_231126[1].jpg

20170806_231133[1].jpg

Without even being an expert at identifying authentic versus fake luxury handbags, if she bought a Hermes purse for £6, it's fake..or she spent more than £6 ;)  That's cheaper than Times Square NYC prices...

Edited by Jester

6 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Sorry, it was an attempt at a silver related joke (evidently a lame one).

Out of curiosity, I tried a magnet on the locks, it didn't attract them to it, don't know if that means anything.

28 minutes ago, Xander said:

Your joking, it's got to be fake. What do you think?

20170806_231126[1].jpg

20170806_231133[1].jpg

The leather looks like imprinted plastic or pig hide. And as stated before, you need a few ounces of gold to pay for a real Hermés bag; and if this was real croc or gator you'd be rather looking at 10k plus. 

2 minutes ago, augur said:

The leather looks like imprinted plastic or pig hide. And as stated before, you need a few ounces of gold to pay for a real Hermés bag; and if this was real croc or gator you'd be rather looking at 10k plus. 

I'll do my Sherlock during the week by taking it to the local tailor, he should know. I'm just curious now.

Thanks anyway.

The sovereign is out of the proverbial handbag. It also sounds as though you might need a bigger fridge Roy that is some solid accumulation. 

Just kidding, nice story mate, you have shared your success with her now that is the moral of the story I think. Its all good having all those sovereigns keeping cool in the salad draw, but what good is it if they do nothing but add to the electricity bill. :P

19 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Lmfao, Hermes bag for £6/£60, vintage :lol: Try £6k without the purse

Lol thats what i was thinking, my wife is currently on the waiting list for a new one. Apparently they start at 6k and you can pretty much sell them for a profit right away or so my wife tells me

Edited by MrGeorge