• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Selling silver to buy gold

gavinfry

My best advice would be 10 day auctions ending on a Sunday evening between 6pm - 9pm with 99p start prices and no reserves. You will get spot or better for them and they will all sell OK. 

Might be worth formally listing them on the trade section here - but you need to give asking prices ?

Good luck!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

hi bb by the way i have watched most of your utbe vids and learnt alot from you i dont think i can sell on here as i am not a pm and i need more advice on values of things as i have only been picking up silver and gold for six months so still pretty green in the game

Pretty sure you can sell on here without being premium - @ChrisSIlver will help with that question. You are just offloading some silver to pay for things, not doing a business style sales.

Thanks for the compliments my friend!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

21 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Pretty sure you can sell on here without being premium - @ChrisSIlver will help with that question. You are just offloading some silver to pay for things, not doing a business style sales.

Thanks for the compliments my friend!

I wasn't sure about this either and thanks for sharing the auction peak end-times! I knew I read somewhere about it being good on Sundays, wasn't sure when to schedule things though.

• Founder & Administrator

Private sellers can sell for free on the forum and without being a premium member, business sellers would need gold premium membership. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, Jay2 said:

I wasn't sure about this either and thanks for sharing the auction peak end-times! I knew I read somewhere about it being good on Sundays, wasn't sure when to schedule things though.

Just my personal observation, but I've consistently found Sunday evening to be the worst time to finish an auction on eBay and conversely, the best time to pick up a bargain. 

Oh, really? I better do a quick bit of research on that again then. It probably depends on the category of items we're selling.

I don't sell metals. I find if I do shorter Buy-It-Nows, the more exposure to 'Ending Soonest' periods gets me more sales. But I only get 30 of those listings free a month so I tend to do 3-day auctions on several things, with some scheduled weekend endings where possible.

You may know all this already but it doesn't hurt to repeat it.

No-one is giving you start prices on any of your coins. i suggest it would be best to look what prices similar coins have sold for on ebay. Do not forget postage in calculations and that ebay takes a slice of that as well. i presume you know how to discover sold for prices. Any unusual coins you should just do a Google search.

Factor in all costs, paypal, ebay fees. This will give you your profit level. You might consider posting the coins on the Silver Forum selling section as well or instead of. You will not have ebay fees or paypal as most will do a bank transfer of paypal F&F. This way you can offer the coins for under the ebay price and make the same or more profit at the same time. 

Junk silver is usually sold here at spot price. There are a few coins better than that [like the George III]which i would pick out

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived