• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

Lea79

Stacking for children.

Nice video @Lea79, ive got a stack going for my daughter whos 4, all silver upto now but im looking to start getting sovereigns from the year she was born and get 1 each year.

Shes got a few pandas which again im going to top up with each year from birth. A roll of 2017 kooks and a few bars.

And a lovey 2oz heart from @BackyardBullion with video package, which she loves to watch !

Edit: with the poor interest on kids banking i also flip a few bits on her behalf. Last year her interest was below £100 , ive already made more than that flipping a few bits since March.

Edited by Bullionbilly

10 minutes ago, Lea79 said:

She's got a fair whack already with all that silver.  Sovs are always a good bet.  They're lucky kids 😃.

I dread to think how they would go on with out help looking at how things are at the moment.

Edited by Bullionbilly

That's some good planning buying for kids not even here yet, they don't know their born! :P

Good video, savings in a few different things is a good shout too, then they can choose what to keep and what to get rid of when the time comes. I think 1/4 ounce is a good amount to invest in PM, I do the same but buy a half ounce every other year for the two I have. Lunar series 2 for their birth year, then Pandas since so that they have different, but the same, to save potential arguments later.  

1 hour ago, Lea79 said:

Wouldn't it b great if they all turn out to b stackers like they're parents 😃.

Yes. that would be cool and I think we can teach them to become stackers...?

If you haven't seen it... BelangP (obviously) has made a good video how he is teaching his kid... but yeah you can only do your best... i guess... :unsure:^_^

My daughter was left an amount of money in her godfathers will 3 or 4 years ago. I took a slice of it to buy some silver and attempt to turn it into more ounces over time through flipping.

I spent £1,000 on 28 x 2 oz Lunar dragons and she now has 100 oz at £10/oz.

I started with collecting/stacking silver partly as a way of hoarding something to pass down to my daughter (who is about to turn 2), but I have now decided the silver is for me to do as i want with and to enjoy.

Instead, I recently decided i would start to gather some gold coins for her and bought my first one ever a couple of months ago (a RM Lunar year of the Sheep).

It will only ever be a modest amount, but its something nice to pass down and Gold made more sense than silver over such a long time period.

I keep track of the silver purchases and sales very closely, and am specifically collecting certain series / date runs etc.

However on the gold side i'm just picking up the odd thing here and there when i have some spare cash and putting it aside to forget about - hopefully it will accumulate nicely and have some variety.

Edited by TangoTango47

16 hours ago, ApisMellifera said:

Yes. that would be cool and I think we can teach them to become stackers...?

If you haven't seen it... BelangP (obviously) has made a good video how he is teaching his kid... but yeah you can only do your best... i guess... :unsure:^_^

I love belangp.  He's done some great vids.  The one about understanding gold I've watched loads.  It's a lovely idea to pay their allowance in silver.  I mite do that when my little 1 is old enough. 

My sons 2nd birthday present is here 😇

2014 Lunar 1/4oz gold proof horse to go with his 1/4 monkey

Was looking to buy him a 2017 Rooster but saw this for about the same price!! 

Will get him the Rooster for xmas 😉👍

692E4042-EABD-495C-A424-87C9B9E1CD08.jpeg

4C4BD4D0-E3B9-4124-B1C5-336AF5EBFE8C.jpeg