• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Greetings

Rat

Hi everyone.

Thought it was time to introduce myself having been lurking for the last week or so and absorbing some of the advice and guidance on the site. 

I started collecting a couple of months ago buying some Silver Britannias from the Royal Mint and have got the collecting bug in a bad way?.

I don't have much spare cash but what I have left over at the end of each month is ear marked for some PM. So far it's only been Silver Bullion but I would like to get gold coins and can't make up my mind to do for Sovereign or save for longer and get Britannia. 

No real thoughts on exit plans at the moment, just enjoying the thrill of a purchase and diversifying a little bit of the pension fund into precious metals. 

Keep the advice and friendly banter coming. 

Cheers. 

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

Welcome to the Forums Rat!  Great to have you along for the ride.  For me, Sovs are more appealing for several reasons but one is I really enjoy history.  So collecting Sovs is not only a great way to build an affordable, easily recognizable, easily transferable gold stack but I've also learned more about the British monarchy and the events of their day that they reigned/governed through while these coins were being minted.  Really fascinating stuff IMO.  Whatever you decide, we're interested in hearing about it and ready to offer feedback (solicited or otherwise)!

Thanks for the warm welcome and it sounds like a sovereign will be my next purchase. 

Any advice on where the best place to get them would be really welcome. 

I have just been buying from Royal Mint so far and am happy to pick up a 2017 sovereign from them but I would like to get some of the earlier years but have no idea what websites are trustworthy and which ones to avoid. 

Cheers again and it's nice to meet you all. 

Wanted: 2006 1oz and 1/4 oz Gold Year of the Dog coins from the Perth Mint

• 4 weeks later...

Archived