• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Colorized Coins are they worth it!!

Keithoil

Hi

Colorized coins what is your opinion.

Personally I have a few coloured coins but not very many at all.

Are they worth collecting even though they do command a premium.

I am waiting for a coupe of Koalas and Kookaburras to turn up but these were bought specifically for the two girls.

Any thoughts!!

Personally I am not a big fan of coloured coins,I do have one or two but I have had a change of heart and only collect proofs and semi numi silver now

But at the end of the day if you like a coin buy it, don't worry about the premium if it gives you pleasure, I think too many people get hung up on making a quick buck, yes future value has some bearing and everyone would like to think their purchases are worth more in years to come but enjoy collecting your coins.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I only have one, the sugar maple.

But I got it cheap as chips so couldn't turn it down due to low mintage.

I won't be actively buying any coloured coins though, I may even sell the one I have to keep the stash shiny shiny.

Stacker since 2013

I like them myself. Only have a coloured lunar snake right now and 2 canadian coins coming, which look awesome of an orca and polar bear. If I was a collector I would have far more coloured then not.

Investors are just not interested.

Collectors are interested, but its all down to taste.

Yes they should chill.

I am just trying to strike a deal now on a NGC Eagle 2002 (Youngest granddaughters birth year), and 1.5 oz Polar Bear!!

Cheers

Hey Keith, can I ask what your being charged for the 1.5 Oz polar bear. They are well expensive in the UK.

Still waiting to find out.

It is from USA but I have bought 20+ recently and not been charged any extra just delivered straight to the door.

Pretty pleased really, as they are exceptional prices.

But will post a reply when I find out.

I have been offered a Polar Bear and a Arctic Fox delivered for £38 each, but they are BU.

Cheers

Under £30 is amazing, I won't ask seeing as you are a business. Ha ha.

Every time you get a good price and can pass it on (and make your cut obviously), post it up.

Somebody will take some I reckon.

Stacker since 2013

Under £30 is amazing, I won't ask seeing as you are a business. Ha ha.

Every time you get a good price and can pass it on (and make your cut obviously), post it up.

Somebody will take some I reckon.

I will be adding some in this weeks listing mate. Delivery can take a while though, last time was 3 weeks.

Very good prices there Keith, bet you are happy with that.

Especially the polar bear.

Slabbed coins have never really taken off in the UK for some reason, I broke all my MS69's out of their slabs to save on space. I sold my MS70's and PF69's on eBay.

Stacker since 2013

Yes I hope as most people do they will go up but who knows, I have some which are ultra cam and they are brilliant coins, I just enjoy looking at them!!

I am very pleased with the price but this now means I need a Arctic Fox!!!!

Hi Keith,

I have mixed thoughts on Coloured Coins.  Some look great, whereas other look terrible.

Certain coloured coins have done extremely well, google/ebay the Redback coin from the Perth Mint Deadly and Dangerous series.  It currently lists for well over AU$1,000 on Ebay, which is an outrageous premium for a 1oz silver coin.

Other coloured coins have been absolute flops, namely the Clown Fish coin also from Perth Mint.  In Australia is it is known as the 'Nemo' coin.  People had very high hopes for its release, initially it sold very well, but then the market for it disappeared and the premium fell away and many people where stuck with a coin they overpaid for.

In saying all that I have a number of customers in Asia who love the Perth Mint coloured Lunar and Koala coins.

Hope that helps.

STRENUE

I think that is how I would describe my thoughts mixed, some look brilliant others no thanks. But as the people say if you like it buy it as long as you are happy with the coin.

If I can get them at silly prices I will but they are bought with the two granddaughters in mind which makes it worse as I always have to buy two of each!!

K

Archived