• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Check your UK 2014 Britannias and Lunar Horses

Danny-boy

http://www.coinweek.com/featured-news/p … eculation/

Ha ha, you heard it here second!!

From the above article:

However, those curious about the newly announced varieties might want to take note of the following…… According to Mint Spokesperson Victoria Newman, "The mismatched dies were used on approximately 17,000 Britannia and 38,000 Lunar coins."

Just checked my own stack and I have two mule lunar horses, sadly my britannias are normal.

Get checking!!!!

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

http://www.coinweek.com/featured-news/p … eculation/

Ha ha, you heard it here second!!

From the above article:

However, those curious about the newly announced varieties might want to take note of the following…… According to Mint Spokesperson Victoria Newman, "The mismatched dies were used on approximately 17,000 Britannia and 38,000 Lunar coins."

Just checked my own stack and I have two mule lunar horses, sadly my britannias are normal.

Get checking!!!!

I think the link is broken?

The minting mistake will surely add a premium to those coins as some collectors believe it adds value. If I had any I would immediately sell whilst there are lots of collectors looking for them, then reinvest any profits back into more ounces.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Sell sell sell. Is my opinion

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

First post just joined the forum :), it's looking good!

I have just got into Silver stacking Late last year managed to get 160oz silver so far.

I have 40 RM Lunar Horses and 10 Britannias and not a single one of them is a mule unfortunately. If I had any mules I'd sell them and buy some more Lunar Horses with the profit I think they'll be a good semi numismatic coin.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks

SPECOPS 

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum.

You are doing really well with your stack, very impressive.

Introduce yourself in the new members section.

I'm waiting to see what my horse mule sells for. Interesting.

Stacker since 2013

Hey buddy, welcome to the forum.

You are doing really well with your stack, very impressive.

Introduce yourself in the new members section.

I'm waiting to see what my horse mule sells for. Interesting.

Thanks Danny :) it can get quite addicting collecting these coins/bullion.

I will do.

I will be interested to know how much it goes for. 

Do you think there is a chance that if any of us ordered some UK Lunar horses from europe that their might be mules in the heard? Or are they all long gone by now?

Discounts / Offers

Do you think there is a chance that if any of us ordered some UK Lunar horses from europe that their might be mules in the heard? Or are they all long gone by now?

I was thinking this, but I'm guessing dealers will have heard by now & checked.

Dan

Stacker since 2013

Dealers might be under a contractual obligation to sell them with a maximum amount of margin. So they might have to sell them for normal prices opposed to inflated ones, or just sell them to their friends. 

Discounts / Offers

The proof from the mint looks nice, comes in a nice box. Costs £85. Not sure on mintage numbers. I haven't dared step into the world of proofs yet, too many separate boxes would all add too much space. I am a semi-numi guy, staying away from the proofs. 

Discounts / Offers

The proof from the mint looks nice, comes in a nice box. Costs £85. Not sure on mintage numbers. I haven't dared step into the world of proofs yet, too many separate boxes would all add too much space. I am a semi-numi guy, staying away from the proofs. 

Don't worry about the boxes Chris,get a nice case and put your coins in that, proofs look beautiful grouped together in a nice case.Just hold on to your boxes and certs for when and if you decide to sell any individual coins.

I'll try and post up some more proof bling in a case next week sometime.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Hi

I have a roll of 2014 Britannias at home but I am unable to check to see if they are all mules as I am not with them. They were bought in very early January 2014, so I am hoping they could all be mules, that would be a real treat!!

I also have some Lunar horses to check on.

Cheers

K

I just checked my Year of the Horse 2014 and I have some "mules".

Does anyone know what is the value and where to sell ?

They go for over £100 on eBay. Some for near £200 I think. Danny sold one and has a thread titled "the mules is on eBay"

Discounts / Offers

Archived